+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Claiming CCTB by Non-resident (past visitor) mom for a Canadian child?

Amir Khan

Oct 6, 2014
Hi Experts,

I have some questions to experts;

1. Can a non-Canadian/non-resident (visitor) mom be received Canada child tax benefit (CCTB) without filing a tax return? Both parents are non-Canadian and non-resident of Canada? She had delivered a baby during her visit to Canada.
2. What about the universal child tax benefit?
3. Can mom/dad of the kid open an account in Canadian Bank?
4. Can mom/dad file tax?
5. Can mom/dad open an RESP account for the kid?

Regards

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
1. No - they cannot receive CCTB. To receive CCTB one of the parents must be a temporary resident of Canada who has lived in Canada for at least 18 months. Visitors do not qualify.
2. Same as above. They do not qualify.
3. Yes.
4. No - visitors don't file tax returns.
5. No - visitors don't have Social Insurance Numbers and therefore can't open an RESP for their child.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
4) Yes - Some visitors file tax returns especially if they have Canadian income and owes capital gains tax.

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
Amir Khan said:
Thanks a lot for you reply.

Amir Khan
akhan64 @ gmail.com
you keep asking the same question in different threads, but the answer will always be the same....what you want to do is fraud, and your friends are not entitled to any benefits from the Government because they were birth tourists.

faywood

Apr 8, 2015
Hi is anybody know if no status parents with a canadian child can apply for universal benefits or a child benefits? And do you know how to apply,? Thanks

faywood

Apr 8, 2015
Is the child can go to school or attend any program in toronto even the parents have no status? What kind of program

GPSiConsultant

Feb 25, 2015
Well fraudulently they could I guess, if the school doesn't do their due diligence and check if the parents have status. But that again could be construed as fraud. If the parents do not have status, the children wouldn't either, so they can't attend school.

faywood

Apr 8, 2015
Really but why you are saying that the child cannot go to school if the parents are not legal in canada, but i read i one website that the school is not allowed to refuse the child if the parents hàve no status, you are even is a fraud and the school out of diligent.