+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Claiming 50 points

Yam@Angel

Feb 2, 2017
hi,

I am currently holding a work permit (NOC A) which is getting expired on 18th April 2018.

I do not have a clear understanding on claiming of 50 points with valid job offer.
Should I have valid 1 year work permit while submitting PR application or I should have 1 year valid work permit after getting PR?
Can anyone help me to understand.

adanac_ati

Star Member
Jan 28, 2017
CIC site clearly says: Work permit is not an job offer.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/offer.asp

sivasagi

Jan 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yam@Angel said:
hi,

I am currently holding a work permit (NOC A) which is getting expired on 18th April 2018.

I do not have a clear understanding on claiming of 50 points with valid job offer.
Should I have valid 1 year work permit while submitting PR application or I should have 1 year valid work permit after getting PR?
Can anyone help me to understand.
Rule 1:- Work permit should be closed work permit
Rule 2:- 1 year exp should be completed in canada with the employer mentioned on your work permit
Rule 3:- Get a reference letter from the company mnetioned on ur work permit saying that they will continue your employment for 1 more year post PR approval

Yam@Angel

Feb 2, 2017
Thank You for your reply.

but when we apply ICT-WP extension will get a letter stating with Company, NOC, job duties, how long the ICT-WP is required, like 2 years and salary details as well, kind of job offer letter.

Will that be acceptable?

sivasagi

Jan 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yam@Angel said:
Thank You for your reply.

but when we apply ICT-WP extension will get a letter stating with Company, NOC, job duties, how long the ICT-WP is required, like 2 years and salary details as well, kind of job offer letter.

Will that be acceptable?
No, it requires a seperate letter stating 1 year minimum employment post PR.

Yam@Angel

Feb 2, 2017
Thanks again for your clarification.

So, should I produce the letter while applying PR application or after getting PR, we should get it from employer and send it to CIC?
please clarify.

sivasagi

Jan 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yam@Angel said:
Thanks again for your clarification.

So, should I produce the letter while applying PR application or after getting PR, we should get it from employer and send it to CIC?
please clarify.
While applying for PR, upload along with your other documents during e-Apr

Mumbai_Maratha

Mar 9, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If your employer are ready to give one, get it.
Otherwise you can try to use the letter used for WP extension.

CIC is not clear while defining rule for extra 50 points. They generically asked for job offer letter, which is possible in case of LMIA but for ICT it's depend on employer to produce such letter.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Mumbai_Maratha said:

CIC is not clear while defining rule for extra 50 points. They generically asked for job offer letter, which is possible in case of LMIA but for ICT it's depend on employer to produce such letter.
No, this is simply not the case. CIC gives very EXPLICIT instructions on the what the "job offer" letter must be for any of the classes of applicants who are eligible for "offer of employment" bonus points. The letter MUST be an offer of employment for at least one year upon obtaining permanent resident status.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/offer.asp

sivasagi

Jan 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mumbai_Maratha said:

No way, you cannot claim 50 points with just this WP letter where it was never stated that you will be employed for 1 year post PR

Mumbai_Maratha

Mar 9, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That's correct, but it's explicitly generic as for LMIA, job offer is mandatory to get work permit/visa.

ICT is intra company transfer i.e. full-time employee of same company but different country. In this case also employer provide the job offer but for applying/extending work permit.

In both the cases employer provides job offer.

Hence i said CIC said in generic and they also aware that it's not always possible for employer to give conditional job offer i.e. 1 year after PR.

Again it's my personal view and we don't have any case in EE yet who can share their experience with/without job offer.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Mumbai_Maratha said:
That's correct, but it's explicitly generic as for LMIA, job offer is mandatory to get work permit/visa.

ICT is intra company transfer i.e. full-time employee of same company but different country. In this case also employer provide the job offer but for applying/extending work permit.

In both the cases employer provides job offer.

You are confusing the job offer letter for a work permit, with the job offer letter in support of the PR application. They are different.

Hence i said CIC said in generic and they also aware that it's not always possible for employer to give conditional job offer i.e. 1 year after PR.

CIC never guaranteed that you will be eligible for the bonus points, either. If the employer is not willing to give the conditional job offer, you do not meet the requirements for the bonus points.

Again it's my personal view and we don't have any case in EE yet who can share their experience with/without job offer.

This is indeed true. And it is also true that in some instances IRCC will accept alternative documentation. But unless your job offer for your work permit is for 3 years, then it is unlikely to cover 1 year after your PR application is finished processing.

apple123_4567

Oct 2, 2015
sivasagi said:
No way, you cannot claim 50 points with just this WP letter where it was never stated that you will be employed for 1 year post PR
But if you have completed 1 year in canada, you will also get 50 points from "canadian experience" clause and bump up your CRS by 50 more points without having a need for a 1 year job offer. You can use that to your advantage I guess