+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Claiming 50 points for LMIA-Exempt job offer.

May 25, 2024
How is employer eligible for LMIA exemption?
I am just basing it on what I read and I haven't consulted a lawyer but I am wondering if it can fall under
Canadian interests – Charitable work

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/exemption-codes/canadian-interests-charitable-religious-work-r205-exemption-code-c50.html

Employer is registered with CRA as charitable organization.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am just basing it on what I read and I haven't consulted a lawyer but I am wondering if it can fall under
Canadian interests – Charitable work

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/exemption-codes/canadian-interests-charitable-religious-work-r205-exemption-code-c50.html

Employer is registered with CRA as charitable organization.
But what is the job as a charity worker. Are you a missionary? If you read the link…
Simply being employed by a Canadian charitable organization is not sufficient to meet the requirements for the LMIA exemption under paragraph R205(d). For example, the work of an administrator or an office manager in a charitable organization is generally not considered to be of a charitable nature, and the foreign national would not meet paragraph R205(d) requirements

May 25, 2024
But what is the job as a charity worker. Are you a missionary? If you read the link…
Simply being employed by a Canadian charitable organization is not sufficient to meet the requirements for the LMIA exemption under paragraph R205(d). For example, the work of an administrator or an office manager in a charitable organization is generally not considered to be of a charitable nature, and the foreign national would not meet paragraph R205(d) requirements
I am a program manager running community programs for seniors, youth and newcomers.

help4pr84

May 28, 2024
Hi related to above question. I have 5 years experience on a visitors record that in the notes says work permit excempt. I have t4s for those years. Can i claim work experience to lift my pr score with this? Thank you

StarO

Nov 6, 2023
Please how can I claim the 50 points for LMIA exempt work permit and although I will be completing exactly 1 calendar year by Monday on my current job, when I keyed in my start date on the platform, the system automatically qualified me for CEC so I'm wondering I'm I now eligible? also noticed that for valid job offer it says no valid job offer. My current job is a government job with Alberta and its permanent. Please any clue on how to claim the job points will be greatly appreciated. Also I noticed for Canadian work experience it gave me 35 not 50 so obviously the 50 LIMA exempt points is yet to be added.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Please how can I claim the 50 points for LMIA exempt work permit and although I will be completing exactly 1 calendar year by Monday on my current job, when I keyed in my start date on the platform, the system automatically qualified me for CEC so I'm wondering I'm I now eligible? also noticed that for valid job offer it says no valid job offer. My current job is a government job with Alberta and its permanent. Please any clue on how to claim the job points will be greatly appreciated. Also I noticed for Canadian work experience it gave me 35 not 50 so obviously the 50 LIMA exempt points is yet to be added.
What kind of work permit do you have?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010