+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Claiming 50 points for LMIA-Exempt job offer.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Ok thank you! Then I have to wait until complete my one year of employment
This won't give you the 50 job offer points. Your employer needs to get an approved LMIA if you want the job offer points.

Ronnie16645

Jan 1, 2024
Hello after working 1 year requirement under CEC EE and I got a job offer with approved LMIA from employer to claim 50 points. Immediately after I receive a PR approval, am I obligated to continue working for them if I decide to resign or leave the country?

raghavgrover

Star Member
Jul 26, 2019
Hi Guys,

Are any of you in this situation. Or successfully claimed the points under LMIA-Exempt job offer.?

My situation is this, I have my profile submitted in July 2020 and my current score with out claiming the 50 points for the job offer is 421.
I am hoping to claim those 50 points under employment and that should take my score to 471 which should give me reasonable chance of getting an ITA.
I will be finishing my 1 year under this LMIA-exempt job next month on 15th October. I am already qualified under CEC or FSW under NOC B 5241. Have been working
in Canada under the same NOC for past last 5 years. My Employer is named on my work permit and the LMIA exemption falls under this category link below.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/exemption-codes/canadian-interests-significant-benefit-television-film-production-workers-r205-exemption-code-c14.html

Going by the conditions defined for LMIA-Exempt job offers in the link below, I think I should be able qualify to claim those 50 points once i finish my 1 year employment at my current employer, but I am not totally sure.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment/lmia-exempt.html

If any of you can shed some light on this if you have gone through similar experience.

Thanks in advance.
I did my PR with 50 points with lmia exempt job offer. Make sure your employer files for work permit extensions regardless until you have the PR.

Make sure the job offer letter you get from the company has all the required information mentioned in the valid job offer letter for express entry( on ircc website).
I had the letter made myself with the help of my supervisor on company letterhead and had the letter signed by my supervisor/manager ( as it’s not mandated for it to be signed by HR), and having supervisor sign it was easy and we could also contribute to the content of the letter.

Yousif545

Mar 5, 2018
Hi guys,
I have a question;
I had an job offer without LMIA from an employer based in Alberta. I applied for AAIP (Alberta Advantage Immigration Program) under the Accelerated Tech Pathway and got nominated with 600 points in the PNP program.

So, my question is that when im filling out the PR application form (ITA) there is a section that asks about any job offer, but at the same time it does ask if i have a job offer in Canada with positive LMIA?

what should i answer, does it even matter since, now i already have been nominated?

Prarthu

May 21, 2018
Hi,
I am in Ontario and I am working with an employer who owns several stores of Pizza Hut and offering positive LMIA under Title-Cook(63200) will I be eligible to get 50 points in my express entry.?

And how much time it takes to get the lmia, because my file is submitted at Mid February.

Please clarify me

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,
I am in Ontario and I am working with an employer who owns several stores of Pizza Hut and offering positive LMIA under Title-Cook(63200) will I be eligible to get 50 points in my express entry.?

And how much time it takes to get the lmia, because my file is submitted at Mid February.

Please clarify me
LMIA can take over 3 months depending on stream. So your employer applied for an LMIA in February and paid the $1k? Or is this to support PR nomination? Are you in Canada as a visitor or worker?

Last edited:

At the start

Feb 2, 2018
You may only claim the 50 points:
My friend has more than 1 year of experience with his employer and he (and his employer) is applying for closed work permit (LMIA-Exempted), then can he claim the 50 points just after getting the wp? or he has to work one more year in this new work permit(LMIA-Exempted) to claim 50 points? currently he is on hid PGWP. Please help

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My friend has more than 1 year of experience with his employer and he (and his employer) is applying for closed work permit (LMIA-Exempted), then can he claim the 50 points just after getting the wp? or he has to work one more year in this new work permit(LMIA-Exempted) to claim 50 points? currently he is on hid PGWP. Please help
He needs to work one year on the approved LMIA exempt permit. Assume his LMIA exemption was approved.

At the start

Feb 2, 2018
He needs to work one year on the approved LMIA exempt permit. Assume his LMIA exemption was approved.
Thank you for quick reply. However, Where is it say that experience should be on lmia exempted work permit? What I read is candidate needs one year experience with the employer (does not specify the work permit type for that experience. Can you help me clarify this last thing?

I appreciate your help and time sir.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you for quick reply. However, Where is it say that experience should be on lmia exempted work permit? What I read is candidate needs one year experience with the employer (does not specify the work permit type for that experience. Can you help me clarify this last thing?

I appreciate your help and time sir.
To count 50 points, you need a year of work experience on the LMIA exempt permit.