+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Claiming 50 points for Job offer on closed WP without LIMA

SREEKaQb

Star Member
Jun 18, 2015
Friends - I need to know more about how i can claim 50 points for Job offer without LIMA . I am having a closed work permit.
To explain my case , I am with an Indian IT company and came to Canada May'2019 on a closed WP which did not require LIMA and this was for 1 year . And in Mar'2020 I got my WP extended for another 1 year .
I understand as per CIC we can claim 50 additional points if we have a Job offer even if there is no LIMA done . I tried reaching out to my company immigration department but they did not seem to be interested in getting me this letter.
Have any of you guyz in similar situation got a letter from your company that helped you claim the points , then please guide me how this was done and if possible share the format.
Appreciate the help and advice in advance.

MAIL2SUNDAREEE

Star Member
Oct 25, 2019
Your company HR should be able to provide the offer letter. Make sure it has the format specified by ircc.
I too had closed work permit with Lmia exemption. I got the letter from my hr with ircc specified format.

SREEKaQb

Star Member
Jun 18, 2015
Your company HR should be able to provide the offer letter. Make sure it has the format specified by ircc.
I too had closed work permit with Lmia exemption. I got the letter from my hr with ircc specified format.
thank you , have send you a message kindly look into it and repsond.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Friends - I need to know more about how i can claim 50 points for Job offer without LIMA . I am having a closed work permit.
To explain my case , I am with an Indian IT company and came to Canada May'2019 on a closed WP which did not require LIMA and this was for 1 year . And in Mar'2020 I got my WP extended for another 1 year .
I understand as per CIC we can claim 50 additional points if we have a Job offer even if there is no LIMA done . I tried reaching out to my company immigration department but they did not seem to be interested in getting me this letter.
Have any of you guyz in similar situation got a letter from your company that helped you claim the points , then please guide me how this was done and if possible share the format.
Appreciate the help and advice in advance.
An extension of one year (beginning before you apply) will not be enough to meet the "valid job offer" criteria. Yes, you would be eligible on an LMIA-exempt closed work permit, has you have already worked for this employer for 1 year, but you need to get a future job offer letter indicating that you will be employed for at least one year AFTER you become a permanent resident (alternatively, a new contract of one or more years, or permanent employment). Without that job offer letter, you won't be eligible for those points.

SREEKaQb

Star Member
Jun 18, 2015
An extension of one year (beginning before you apply) will not be enough to meet the "valid job offer" criteria. Yes, you would be eligible on an LMIA-exempt closed work permit, has you have already worked for this employer for 1 year, but you need to get a future job offer letter indicating that you will be employed for at least one year AFTER you become a permanent resident (alternatively, a new contract of one or more years, or permanent employment). Without that job offer letter, you won't be eligible for those points.
Thanks for the response , Most of the companies refrain from issuing this letter and i think it has to do with a sense of insecurity

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Thanks for the response , Most of the companies refrain from issuing this letter and i think it has to do with a sense of insecurity
Yes, because promising a permanent job to someone on a temporary permit is risky. Who is to say they won't just quit the moment they get PR?