+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Claim work experience while waiting for PGWP

prospectiveab

Star Member
Jul 19, 2020
I recently got incorporated and will be working for a Canadian employer for a few months while waiting for PGWP. Will I still be able to claim the hours worked for this client, if they pay me via my company name (sole proprietorship) and I show proof of ownership?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I recently got incorporated and will be working for a Canadian employer for a few months while waiting for PGWP. Will I still be able to claim the hours worked for this client, if they pay me via my company name (sole proprietorship) and I show proof of ownership?
You need to be on their payroll as an employee. So as long as you get a T4 slip and taxes are deducted from them yes. Self employment doesn’t count for CEC.

prospectiveab

Star Member
Jul 19, 2020
You need to be on their payroll as an employee. So as long as you get a T4 slip and taxes are deducted from them yes. Self employment doesn’t count for CEC.
Thanks, that's a bummer. They can't have me as an employee, but rather a contractor, so I see that won't work.

Tania—m

Feb 12, 2022
When did you apply for your pgwp?
are you still waiting ?