File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for the clarification. How about the possibility, having a license or utility bill but not actually living in Canada, like visiting once in two weeks or a month? Will these be enough to claim the points....
My brother is at 452 points currently, I have a Canada PR but not residing in Canada (have PR card and COPR letter). My idea is to go to Canada, get those utility bills or lease or bank statement (whatever) and return to US but show them to add 15 points in addition. If needed, I will visit Canada every weekend. Please suggest.
No - a utility bill isn't enough either. Anyone can have a utility bill even if they aren't living in Canada. Same goes for a bank statements. IRCC is looking for actual proof you are living in Canada such as employment records.

Seema81

Star Member
Jun 29, 2017
Did it work? I mean claim sibling points by PR card or COPR letter when your brother has done just soft landing and not actually residing there...
My brother didn't had enough CRS to get an ITA.we were expecting Ontario nomination but it changed d policies

ustocanada49

Star Member
Jan 6, 2017
Hi,
If we claim points while sibling was residing in Canada but he/she left the country while the PR was being processed, would it be a problem?

Nasach

Mar 16, 2023
Hi...

I have very similar situation..My brother Got his PR last week As he did his landing. I am going to claims points for my sibling. He was in Canada since 4 years. You need signed COPR, Passport And Birth Certificate that shown your parents name, Proof Of Canada Residency such as Utility Bill Or Residence Lease not older than 6 months.

Thanks,
Krunal
Hi Krunal, did you claim points for your brother before he landed?