+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship

Parisam1

Mar 23, 2018
Hi everyone ,
I have a question regarding my citizenship application process. CIC received my application on June 11th 2018 and when I checked my online accouny to see more information it says they sent me the reciept of acknowledgment along with discover Canada on July 30th but I havent received it yet alought it has been a month now . Any idea Thanks in advance

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi everyone ,
I have a question regarding my citizenship application process. CIC received my application on June 11th 2018 and when I checked my online accouny to see more information it says they sent me the reciept of acknowledgment along with discover Canada on July 30th but I havent received it yet alought it has been a month now . Any idea Thanks in advance
It will have been emailed to you, probably not snail mail. Check your spam box etc. They do not send you the physical copy of the book unless you specially order it.

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
Hi everyone ,
I don't know what you haven't received. AOR or Citizenship Canada book or both. AOR is usually sent through email unless email is not provided then you receive it by mail. They don't send Discover Canada book unless you order it. There is a hyperlink on ECAS line 2.

Parisam1

Mar 23, 2018
It will have been emailed to you, probably not snail mail. Check your spam box etc. They do not send you the physical copy of the book unless you specially order it.
I checked everything . no email only its in my online account

Parisam1

Mar 23, 2018
in
I don't know what you haven't received. AOR or Citizenship Canada book or both. AOR is usually sent through email unless email is not provided then you receive it by mail. They don't send Discover Canada book unless you order it. There is a hyperlink on ECAS line 2.[/QUOTEon my online account it says we sent you Aor with discover Canada on July 30th.

YYZone

Dec 8, 2017
They dont actually send you a physical book. There is an email link you can use to download the book in different formats. You can always request a hard copy of the book.

EstherBarros

Aug 18, 2014
BC- Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
17-11-2014
Doc's Request.
02-07-2015
AOR Received.
03-02-2015
File Transfer...
14-02-2015
Med's Done....
23-09-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2015
LANDED..........
22-08-2015
First of all, YAY, you got your AoR :D

Second:

Make sure a) you have provided an email b) it is the correct email, spelled correctly etc (if you have a saved copy of the form you submitted). If so, and you have checked the email address' inbox, spam, etc etc, I would call the call centre and confirm they have your email correctly in the system. Could be that whoever entered it made a mistake!
If they do have the correct email address, I would then be on top of checking ECAS regularly, so as not to miss updates. If you're still not getting emails, but can see updates on ECAS (when you get FP request, request for more information, or scheduling of the test (please note you would not get an email when the application goes "in process" either way)), then you can call them when you see an update and learn what it is etc, and reiterate that you have not been getting their email communications. You might, at that point, want to provide a different address, maybe a new address from a different provider (gmail if your other one was yahoo, etc).

Hope this helps!

Parisam1

Mar 23, 2018
They dont actually send you a physical book. There is an email link you can use to download the book in different formats. You can always request a hard copy of the book.
First thing it clearly says we sent you acknowledgment receipt of your application and a study book called discover Canada on july 30th. My question is not about the book . my question is it says july 30th they sent and today is August 30th but
First of all, YAY, you got your AoR :D

Second:

Make sure a) you have provided an email b) it is the correct email, spelled correctly etc (if you have a saved copy of the form you submitted). If so, and you have checked the email address' inbox, spam, etc etc, I would call the call centre and confirm they have your email correctly in the system. Could be that whoever entered it made a mistake!
If they do have the correct email address, I would then be on top of checking ECAS regularly, so as not to miss updates. If you're still not getting emails, but can see updates on ECAS (when you get FP request, request for more information, or scheduling of the test (please note you would not get an email when the application goes "in process" either way)), then you can call them when you see an update and learn what it is etc, and reiterate that you have not been getting their email communications. You might, at that point, want to provide a different address, maybe a new address from a different provider (gmail if your other one was yahoo, etc).

Hope this helps!
Thank you . I believe I should call them regarding my address Thanks

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
First thing it clearly says we sent you acknowledgment receipt of your application and a study book called discover Canada on july 30th. My question is not about the book . my question is it says july 30th they sent and today is August 30th but

Thank you . I believe I should call them regarding my address Thanks
The question is: did you provide an email address for correspondence?

kushari

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
30-11-2012
IELTS Request
22-06-2012
Med's Request
12-12-2013
Med's Done....
18-12-2013
Passport Req..
19-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24/03/2014
LANDED..........
27/03/2014
Hi everyone ,
I don't think they actually send anything, No one I know actually got it (including me) haha. Just go to the website and download the PDF.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jok5r

EstherBarros

Aug 18, 2014
BC- Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
17-11-2014
Doc's Request.
02-07-2015
AOR Received.
03-02-2015
File Transfer...
14-02-2015
Med's Done....
23-09-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2015
LANDED..........
22-08-2015
I'm pretty sure OP is concerned about not receiving the AOR email, not the book lol

Reactions: Joshua1