+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship

nepdeep24

Aug 19, 2018
Hello Forums
I am going to submit my citizen application on Oct. i don't have IELTS so my question is i am working as a manager position and in hotel so do i have to still provide Langues certificate? what i heard is if i can prove that i am working as manager position then no need to go for Language course. and my company going to give letter. so is it true ? plz let me know. thank you

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Hello Forums
I am going to submit my citizen application on Oct. i don't have IELTS so my question is i am working as a manager position and in hotel so do i have to still provide Langues certificate? what i heard is if i can prove that i am working as manager position then no need to go for Language course. and my company going to give letter. so is it true ? plz let me know. thank you
No it’s not true

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hello Forums
You will still need to provide a proof of Language ability. You would have to do this even if you were a Professor of English at a university.

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
Hello Forums
Wrong. I am from an English speaking country and I still had to send my certificate.

Reactions: bringiton

YAKHAREH

Dec 8, 2014
Mississauga
Category........
Other
Hello,

I am eligible for Canadian Citizenship and the application requires me to submit a Language proof. They now accept a copy of old IELTS test taken at the time of my PR application but I somehow misplaced the copy. The British Council cannot send a copy TRF as its been over two years since the test was taken. I know a copy of my post-secondary education in English is also an acceptable proof but just incase I was wondering if enclosing CAIPS notes with my application would be sensible thing to do? CAIPS notes clearly states my IELTS score. I am only considering doing this is to prevent my application from being returned in case they are not happy with the copy of my PSeducation ( which was validated by WES at the time too). Any advice would be greatly appreciated

bringiton

May 25, 2014
Hello,

I am eligible for Canadian Citizenship and the application requires me to submit a Language proof. They now accept a copy of old IELTS test taken at the time of my PR application but I somehow misplaced the copy. The British Council cannot send a copy TRF as its been over two years since the test was taken. I know a copy of my post-secondary education in English is also an acceptable proof but just incase I was wondering if enclosing CAIPS notes with my application would be sensible thing to do? CAIPS notes clearly states my IELTS score. I am only considering doing this is to prevent my application from being returned in case they are not happy with the copy of my PSeducation ( which was validated by WES at the time too). Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Thats a good question. Yes Caip notes do have the details of the IELTS TRF number and scores but i dont have an idea whether they accept it or not. May be some experts will chime in the details here soon.