+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

citizenship

curious man

Nov 26, 2016
Is it possible to have Dutch, American and Canadian passports? My daughter was born in The Netherlands and is a Dutch citizen with a Dutch passport. Her mother is American and so she holds an American passport. I am Canadian and made my daughter a Canadian citizen at birth. Can she also hold a Canadian passport?

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
If she's already a Canadian citizen then she's entitled to a Canadian passport.

I have a friend with 4 passports simply due to parents and location of his birth. I believe some countries, like Japan, do not recognise dual/multiple citizenship however all of these countries do.

alphazip

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
curious man said:
Is it possible to have Dutch, American and Canadian passports? My daughter was born in The Netherlands and is a Dutch citizen with a Dutch passport. Her mother is American and so she holds an American passport. I am Canadian and made my daughter a Canadian citizen at birth. Can she also hold a Canadian passport?
Yes, she can hold all those passports, but when she reaches adulthood, it appears that her Dutch citizenship could be lost under certain circumstances:

https://www.government.nl/topics/dutch-nationality/contents/loss-of-dutch-nationality

The easiest way for her to keep her Dutch citizenship is to always make sure that she has a current Dutch passport.