Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 17, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 22, 2017, Guidance Counseling Program Seminar March 3, 2017
LANDED..........
March 20, 2017
Thanks for all the people who will respond. I have few questions:

1. Assuming that I have completed 3 years out of 5 year rule. Can I apply for citizenship already or do i need to wait for 5 years?

2. Is it true that if i travel outside Canada for a short period of time (2-3 months) with my spouse or common law partner who is a Canadian Citizen will that still count as my 1 Day stay here in Canada?

batterypk1

Feb 4, 2016
LANDED..........
June 2016
Thanks for all the people who will respond. I have few questions:

1. Assuming that I have completed 3 years out of 5 year rule. Can I apply for citizenship already or do i need to wait for 5 years?

2. Is it true that if i travel outside Canada for a short period of time (2-3 months) with my spouse or common law partner who is a Canadian Citizen will that still count as my 1 Day stay here in Canada?
You can apply for Citizenship once you
1 Have spent 1095 days (sleeps) in Canada. That means that days out of the country are not to be counted as part of your time in Canada. This is a very strict calculation.
2 You must also complete three Income Tax returns
3 You must speak English or French as evidenced by a degree taught using one of those languages or by passing a formal ESL test.

canadalover4987

Nov 7, 2014
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30, 2016
AOR Received.
May 12, 2016
File Transfer...
June 14, 2017 Canada Embassy Manila
Med's Done....
April 15, 2016 Upfront Medical
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 17, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 22, 2017, Guidance Counseling Program Seminar March 3, 2017
LANDED..........
March 20, 2017
You can apply for Citizenship once you
1 Have spent 1095 days (sleeps) in Canada. That means that days out of the country are not to be counted as part of your time in Canada. This is a very strict calculation.
2 You must also complete three Income Tax returns
3 You must speak English or French as evidenced by a degree taught using one of those languages or by passing a formal ESL test.
Thanks for reply. However, i do have some disputes in your answer.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=370

It says “You can count time spent outside Canada toward the physical presence requirement for citizenship if you:
  • lived outside Canada with your Canadian spouse or common-law partner or permanent resident spouse, common-law partner, or parent who was employed in or with the:
    • Canadian Armed Forces
    • federal public administration
    • public service of a province or territory
Secondly, in terms of Filling Income Tax returns, i guess you misinterpret it because it says:

Filed income taxes (if required by the Income Tax Act) for any three taxation years that are fully or partially within the five years before you apply

IF REQUIRED BY INCOME TAX ACT, Meaning if you are employed or self employed definitely you need to file for an income tax. otherwise you can declare if for example studying, unemployed or a homemaker. CIC said:
  • If you were not working because you were studying, unemployed, retired, a caregiver, homemaker or volunteering for any part of this time, provide that information, including the location.
  • If you were self-employed, you must provide details of your self-employment
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html

Lastly, In terms of language i can submit.
  • diploma, certificate or transcripts from a secondary or post-secondary education program in Canada or abroad, where the language of study was English or French.

Id like to know more about this Or anyone with similar to my case. I traveled 4 months outside Canada in the course of 3 years with my spouse who is a Canadian Citizen.