Citizenship Timeline

canadaon

Star Member
Jul 19, 2010
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The CIC website says the following..
You must have resided in Canada for at least three years (1,095 days) in the past four years before you apply.

Here my timeline:

I landed in Canada on 16th May 2011 and stayed for 149 days and left Canada. I stayed outside Canada for 358 days.

I came back to Canada on 05th October 2012 and stayed permanently in Canada. Though I had short trips - in total 20 days outside Canada.

When will I be eligible to apply for Citizenship? I have no plans to go out of Canada until applying for citizenship.

coolifrs

Star Member
Sep 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please use the calculator.... it will tell you exactly what your dates are and what you need and when you would qualify assuming no further travel.

Make sure you have 1095 + 10 days buffer for your application.

Good luck.

Reactions: hfinkel

hoping_canadian

Jun 20, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadaon said:
You must have resided in Canada for at least three years (1,095 days) in the past four years before you apply.

Here my timeline:

I landed in Canada on 16th May 2011 and stayed for 149 days and left Canada. I stayed outside Canada for 358 days.

I came back to Canada on 05th October 2012 and stayed permanently in Canada. Though I had short trips - in total 20 days outside Canada.

When will I be eligible to apply for Citizenship? I have no plans to go out of Canada until applying for citizenship.
Im afraid you might gonna fall in new rules next year

fernandog

Oct 22, 2014
Assuming you've been a permanent resident the entire time, my estimation is that you'd be eligible on May 29, 2015.

That said, use the calculator on the website. be sure to get your math right and do not apply before it's time! Give yourself at least a month wiggle room, specially if you travel often. Even if they dont look at the application for a year or so, they go by the date on the form so dont apply early!

I submitted my application 47 days too early (made a mistake in the math) and as a result it got delayed nearly four years. I had to wait over 2 years for a citizenship hearing, which got scheduled while i was out of the country so i had to another year for reschedule.

pingaustin

Jul 1, 2008
Read this page from CIC.
https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/rescalc/redir.do?redir=faq#Q3

canadaon said:

Here my timeline:

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
fernandog said:
Assuming you've been a permanent resident the entire time, my estimation is that you'd be eligible on May 29, 2015.

That said, use the calculator on the website. be sure to get your math right and do not apply before it's time! Give yourself at least a month wiggle room, specially if you travel often. Even if they dont look at the application for a year or so, they go by the date on the form so dont apply early!

I submitted my application 47 days too early (made a mistake in the math) and as a result it got delayed nearly four years. I had to wait over 2 years for a citizenship hearing, which got scheduled while i was out of the country so i had to another year for reschedule.
He can't apply on May 29, 2015 he will be short of days, that is only 1082 days.
(at least 1,095 days (three years) in the four years (1,460 days) preceding the date of your application)
you will fall on the new rule 4 out of 6 years residence req.
my guestimate is you can apply on June 1, 2016 (with few days buffer)

canadaon

Star Member
Jul 19, 2010
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'll miss the right to apply by few days (3days). But all others in my family (wife and kids) will be making it, exactly 1095 days. My questions are the following:
  • Is it okay to apply for part of my family? My wife and kids? without me applying
  • Is it okay to apply for them with the exact number of days? they will have just 1095 days

hoping_canadian

Jun 20, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadaon said:
I'll miss the right to apply by few days (3days). But all others in my family (wife and kids) will be making it, exactly 1095 days. My questions are the following:
  • Is it okay to apply for part of my family? My wife and kids? without me applying
  • Is it okay to apply for them with the exact number of days? they will have just 1095 days
1. YES
2. YES but make it sure that it is 1095, 1 day less might reject their application

nina_bg

Jul 23, 2010
wow 4 months only?? congrats