+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship timeline for Montreal, Quebec (2013)

dafunk

Aug 16, 2013
samahmedpk2000 said:
Timeline:

Montreal, Quebec
Application submitted: 16th Oct 2011
Acknowledgment: 29th Oct 2011
Booklet received: 6th Nov 2011
Processing started: 10th Nov 2012
Still has status " In process"

Does anyone know how long it will take after In-process status for test?

Hi Samah
Are you still waiting for the test you are already got your citizenship

blue7120

Jul 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
VEG
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec.2011
AOR Received.
March.2012 -- AIP ON SEPTEMBER 2012
Med's Request
September.2012
Med's Done....
Octobre.2012
hi guys

just check in to see someone has similar timeline as my relatives

2012-1 application received

2013-3 start processing

2013-9 RQ received

2013-12 notice to prepare exam (but actually he is 55 yrs old, and waived to the test)

no news till now...

been call cic serveral times but same thing like non routine application take up to 35 months, sign...

QC123

Nov 10, 2011
This is my story, judge for yourself. I first came to canada in 2009 as a landed PR then applied for citizenship in 2012 on my 3 years sharp. I travelled few times within that period. Also I was unemployed for at least 6 months when I landed.

so this is to tell you, people who receive RQ is just a matter of luck. its like winning a lottery. you just have to be lucky not to receive it.

This is what I thought though can increase your chance of getting RQ:
1-You just deserve it because your file is misleading or not complete or erroneous
2-you just happen to be unlucky
3-you applied many years after like 5 yr plus. the more you wait the more complicated will be your file.

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 29, 2012.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 30, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on March 5, 2013.

We sent you a letter on October 10, 2013 (Fingerprints request). If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

**I took my prints same week and was receive by cic next day of taking prints

We sent you a notice on January 09, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on January 31, 2014 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

**test was 30 min, took me 5 min to score 100%. took my test in english and so was my interview. interview took 10 min. interview was basic conversation and travel history qustions and verfication of passports.

We sent you a notice on February 14, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on March 26, 2014 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment ...

FL1040

Dec 30, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
QC123 said:
so this is to tell you, people who receive RQ is just a matter of luck. its like winning a lottery. you just have to be lucky not to receive it.
Actually, there is a guideline at CIC to send RQ's to 30 percent of the applicants

FL1040

Dec 30, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just checked e-cas...I am scheduled for a citizenship test on March 18...at the Montreal CIC office

Aplication sent in April 2013

Processing started on July 7

RQ received on Oct 4, sent on Oct

RQ returned Nov 20

Notification to prepare for citizenship exam received Dec 22

We sent you a notice on February 27, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 18, 2014

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Amazing FL040! Congrats. So your ecas was updated on Sunday?

FL1040 said:
I just checked e-cas...I am scheduled for a citizenship test on March 18...at the Montreal CIC office

RQ returned Nov 20

We sent you a notice on February 27, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 18, 2014

FL1040

Dec 30, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
farrous13 said:
Amazing FL040! Congrats. So your ecas was updated on Sunday?
Yes, I checked on Sat and there was no change....I checked last night using an Android app, while watching then Oscars and voilà..there was the update. I am really surprised since I got an RQ in October, I wasn`t expecting anything until maybe the end of this year, no fingerprints, no further documents to be sent, I am waiting for the mail to see the letter and find out whether they ask for other papers, anyway, I am happy as a pig in sh*t :p

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hehe cool. It's like you got an Oscar yourself!
Which android app are you using?

FL1040 said:
Yes, I checked on Sat and there was no change....I checked last night using an Android app, while watching then Oscars and voilà..there was the update. I am really surprised since I got an RQ in October, I wasn`t expecting anything until maybe the end of this year, no fingerprints, no further documents to be sent, I am waiting for the mail to see the letter and find out whether they ask for other papers, anyway, I am happy as a pig in sh*t :p

FL1040

Dec 30, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

RQ returned Nov 20

Exam taken 20/20....between 4 and 6 months for oath, according to immigration official