+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Test

UKJack

Apr 19, 2018
Medicine Hat. AB
Visa Office......
MEDICINE HAT
Hi, I sat my citizenship test yesterday & passed it easily with a score of 20/20 despite all my worrying:) In the test there were only 3 questions that made me stop & think. You are allowed to get up to 5 questions wrong & still pass. I revised for a hour each day for 1 week prior to the test date. I played daily & listened to the 2hr 50min YouTube version of the booklet I requested (takes a while to arrive so order as soon as you can). There is also a phone app. I also listened to a couple of the YouTube citizenship test Q&A's which played for a half hour to 50 minutes each. I read through the booklet thoroughly & highlighted what I though was relevant, names, dates etc. Don't bother buying the practice tests as everything I needed was in the booklet they sent. You can find some very good practice question sites which are relevant to your province online for free. Make sure you bring with you EVERYTHING on their list. Foreign stamps in new & old passports other than English & French WILL need to get translated at your own expense. Arrive early in order to check in & be able to sit down, gather your thoughts & look over your notes, questions & the booklet again just prior to the test. At the end of the day its up to the individual & how much they want this? Study the discover Canada booklet thoroughly & you'll do fine in the test. I hope this has helped & good luck.

oomuchi

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
Doc's Request.
RPRF's Request :30-11-2015
Nomination.....
T4/NoA 2015 :Upfront end of July
AOR Received.
16-02-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
March 2015 to Ottawa
Med's Request
27-11-2015
Med's Done....
04-12-2015
Interview........
na
Passport Req..
14-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2015
LANDED..........
09-01-2016
Hi, I sat my citizenship test yesterday & passed it easily with a score of 20/20 despite all my worrying:) In the test there were only 3 questions that made me stop & think. You are allowed to get up to 5 questions wrong & still pass. I revised for a hour each day for 1 week prior to the test date. I played daily & listened to the 2hr 50min YouTube version of the booklet I requested (takes a while to arrive so order as soon as you can). There is also a phone app. I also listened to a couple of the YouTube citizenship test Q&A's which played for a half hour to 50 minutes each. I read through the booklet thoroughly & highlighted what I though was relevant, names, dates etc. Don't bother buying the practice tests as everything I needed was in the booklet they sent. You can find some very good practice question sites which are relevant to your province online for free. Make sure you bring with you EVERYTHING on their list. Foreign stamps in new & old passports other than English & French WILL need to get translated at your own expense. Arrive early in order to check in & be able to sit down, gather your thoughts & look over your notes, questions & the booklet again just prior to the test. At the end of the day its up to the individual & how much they want this? Study the discover Canada booklet thoroughly & you'll do fine in the test. I hope this has helped & good luck.

Hi,

Do you have any URL to suggest?

Thanks in advance.

Hydi

Star Member
Jul 12, 2015
Thanks you so much for the info.
I have 2 questions regarding the translation of the foreign stamps. Should I include the translation with the citizenship application or bring it with me in the test day? The other question is that I had so many old stamps that I had before 5 years, should i translate alllll foreign stamps even the very old ones?

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
I have 2 questions regarding the translation of the foreign stamps. Should I include the translation with the citizenship application or bring it with me in the test day? The other question is that I had so many old stamps that I had before 5 years, should i translate alllll foreign stamps even the very old ones?
Stamps are only verified during interview, no need to send the translations with your application (only the biographical page of the passport is needed at that step).
And you need to translate foreign stamps that appear in the passports you used (even partially) in the 5 years prior to your application.
But no need to overdue it. Stamps that are bilingual or written in latin alphabet but very easily understood by a french or english speaker don't need a translation. Portuguese or german stamps are good to go :)

Reactions: Hydi

UKJack

Apr 19, 2018
Medicine Hat. AB
Visa Office......
MEDICINE HAT
They only asked me for the translations in my passport prior to my citizenship test. What ever they say to send in with the application do. Don't send information that they have not requested. In both instances you will be notified of what is required. Any passports you are submitting both old & new will have to have every stamp translated that isn't in either English or French, so yes. Hope that helps.

UKJack

Reactions: Hydi

elisha79

Star Member
Mar 26, 2014
They only asked me for the translations in my passport prior to my citizenship test. What ever they say to send in with the application do. Don't send information that they have not requested. In both instances you will be notified of what is required. Any passports you are submitting both old & new will have to have every stamp translated that isn't in either English or French, so yes. Hope that helps.

UKJack
Hi, just wanna know, what are the question to be ask during interview???

Hydi

Star Member
Jul 12, 2015
Stamps are only verified during interview, no need to send the translations with your application (only the biographical page of the passport is needed at that step).
And you need to translate foreign stamps that appear in the passports you used (even partially) in the 5 years prior to your application.
But no need to overdue it. Stamps that are bilingual or written in latin alphabet but very easily understood by a french or english speaker don't need a translation. Portuguese or german stamps are good to go :)
Thank you so much!

Hydi

Star Member
Jul 12, 2015

UKJack
Thanks alot!

Maro-miri

Apr 22, 2018
Can i ask you what did the interviewer said after the interviewe ?
Because mine he was so nice and i passed 20/20 but after the interview he said i will take another look at your application and if i need something i will tell you in about a week ?
Is that a bad thing ? Or they usually say that to the people ?

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
Can i ask you what did the interviewer said after the interviewe ?
Because mine he was so nice and i passed 20/20 but after the interview he said i will take another look at your application and if i need something i will tell you in about a week ?
Is that a bad thing ? Or they usually say that to the people ?
mine looked at the passports, asked some questions about my work and then we discussed the weather. That was it, I got decision made 24 hrs later.

mosaab

Oct 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2013
AOR Received.
26-06-2013
File Transfer...
05-07-2013
Med's Done....
18-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-16-2014
LANDED..........
05-02-2014
mine looked at the passports, asked some questions about my work and then we discussed the weather. That was it, I got decision made 24 hrs later.
About the test, some members here say " read the book twice then you good to go" is this real? Because I dont think one or two times reading the book are good enough to memorize all names, dates and historical people in the book! Any idea? Thx

Reactions: Juiceycow