+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test - to what it looks like

josh_1982

Jan 7, 2019
Hi all, I know that we cannot share the questions that we get in the test, but I was wondering to what the test really looks like. When I look at some videos, it seems that the questions are always the same (among a pool of 300-400 questions), and mostly general with very important names/dates to remember. Nevertheless, when I look at some websites, it looks like the questions are much harder.. So, do the questions typically ressemble to what it is in the YouTube videos shared in this forum?

PS: I am studying the guide Discover Canada in addition to the videos, just want to be sure to be well prepared...

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all, I know that we cannot share the questions that we get in the test, but I was wondering to what the test really looks like. When I look at some videos, it seems that the questions are always the same (among a pool of 300-400 questions), and mostly general with very important names/dates to remember. Nevertheless, when I look at some websites, it looks like the questions are much harder.. So, do the questions typically ressemble to what it is in the YouTube videos shared in this forum?

PS: I am studying the guide Discover Canada in addition to the videos, just want to be sure to be well prepared...
FYI, here's a citizenship practice test from the local public library:

https://www.yourlibrary.ca/citizenship/

Reactions: josh_1982

long_road

May 12, 2023
Do not stress about the test. Definitely read the guide and try to remember as much as you can, but I promise there may only be a couple questions with vague dates or names to remember, maybe non at all. I did not do well in social studies in school because i cannot remember names and dates so I was super nervous. I went insane with the studying and the test was SUPER easy. Almost idiot proof as long as you read the booklet through at least once you almost cannot fail.

I also got very nervous at some of the harder practice tests. The real test is NOT CLOSE to that hard.

I passed with a score of 20/20.

Jaywalker

May 8, 2018
Read the discovery canada guide once (2-3 hours). Then do it for the second time on the day of the test (another 2-3 hours). By reading it again on the day of test your ability to remember things would be much more during the test. And that’s it. While reading try to remember and absorb things. You will sail through the test. I did the same and got 20/20.

josh_1982

Jan 7, 2019
Read the discovery canada guide once (2-3 hours). Then do it for the second time on the day of the test (another 2-3 hours). By reading it again on the day of test your ability to remember things would be much more during the test. And that’s it. While reading try to remember and absorb things. You will sail through the test. I did the same and got 20/20.
Thanks!