+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Test - Scheduled

arkhann123

Oct 2, 2017
Dear All

My family has applied for citizenship in Nov 2023. They received the AOR early Dec 2023
The tracker status got updated to "Citizenship Test" on Dec 06 2023
Then tracker got updated to "Scheduled for Citizenship Test" on Dec 15 2023. The notes say citizen ship test to be taken online from Dec 15 2023 to Jan 13 2024, email instructions will be sent to you

However I have NOT received any email yet. I was just wondering if its system automated email and will receive on 15th Dec 2023, or should I have received it yet and i need to create webform to raise a complaint that email not received.

Appreciate the guidance from Experts

Kind Regards
Ariba

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
It usually arrives a few days before the date.
So, expect it to arrive very soon, between the 11th and 13th of December.

arkhann123

Oct 2, 2017
Many thanks for the reply.
One follow up question, do I need to create Citizenship Tracker Account for Minor Kids or its not required

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
You can, but in practice, it's useless.
Everything in the kids' application will stay "in progress" till they get invited to the same (optional) oath ceremony as you, since their application only depends on yours, so there's nothing to track in their case really.

thisisauser

Nov 23, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Dear All

My family has applied for citizenship in Nov 2023. They received the AOR early Dec 2023
Then tracker got updated to "Scheduled for Citizenship Test" on Dec 15 2023. The notes say citizen ship test to be taken online from Dec 15 2023 to Jan 13 2024, email instructions will be sent to you

However I have NOT received any email yet. I was just wondering if its system automated email and will receive on 15th Dec 2023, or should I have received it yet and i need to create webform to raise a complaint that email not received.

Kind Regards
Ariba
My test email never arrived. I used the dedicated email for Citizenship Test issues (IRCC.CitOnlineTest-TestenligneCit.IRCC@cic.gc.ca) and still did not receive anything other than the automatic email-received confirmation.

I ended up using the link from the tracker to do the test. Everything worked fine, completed the test, next steps were fine and now waiting for the oath.

You do not need the test invitation email to take the test. As long as you are within the period that tracker shows you are eligible to take the test, you are good. Just follow the link and instructions there.

dilipthakur

Star Member
Oct 27, 2020
Dear All

Kind Regards
Ariba

dilipthakur

Star Member
Oct 27, 2020
How did you check status of an application. i got AOR but not able to check status, getting an error, posted below.
  • ncorrect or invalid information. Review and make sure it matches the information submitted on the Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] form or the Authority to Release Personal Information to a Designated Individual [IMM 5475] form. If you can’t create an account, it may be because your client’s application is not in our system yet.

Step 1 of 3

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
How did you check status of an application. i got AOR but not able to check status, getting an error, posted below.
  • ncorrect or invalid information. Review and make sure it matches the information submitted on the Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] form or the Authority to Release Personal Information to a Designated Individual [IMM 5475] form. If you can’t create an account, it may be because your client’s application is not in our system yet.

Step 1 of 3
It's takes 48-72 hrs after receiving AOR email to create account.