+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test results - Glen Erin Drive, Mississauga - April 2012

KBP

Jul 13, 2012
Hello everyone,

I wrote my test on April 10th, 2012 at the Mississauga office. Still haven't gotten any letter for the oath. I wonder if anyone has written their test around the same time in the same office and if they have received their letter for the oath.

Please do let me know.

KBP

sym8

Jul 12, 2012
saro1020 reported that she got oath letter today. she wrote test on april 2. so you should be getting soon. let us know when you get yours. i am waiting from march 20.

KBP

Jul 13, 2012
Thanks for letting me know!

For sure, I will let everyone know when I get my letter for the oath!

Good luck to you!

sbg92

Jun 12, 2012
Hi KBP!

I'm glad you started a thread for Glen Erin batch of April 2012.
This will really be helpful for our batch (May 2012), for us to know where we're at. :)
I wrote my test on May 1st and also waiting for updates from the Mississauga office.
I hope you'll get your notice soon so that ours will follow, God-willing...

sym8, I hope you will get yours sooner since you wrote your test earlier. :)

eteacher

Jul 20, 2012
Hi everyone! Newbie here. I took my test on April 26th and still haven't heard anything. No updates on my eCAS. :(

KBP

Jul 13, 2012
sbg92 said:
Hi KBP!

I'm glad you started a thread for Glen Erin batch of April 2012.
This will really be helpful for our batch (May 2012), for us to know where we're at. :)
I wrote my test on May 1st and also waiting for updates from the Mississauga office.
I hope you'll get your notice soon so that ours will follow, God-willing...

sym8, I hope you will get yours sooner since you wrote your test earlier. :)
Hi sbg92, thanks. I'm calling for everyone who took the test in April 2012 to post their timelines for the benefit of everybody. Good luck to us all. ;)

KBP

Jul 13, 2012
Hi everyone,

I just received my Notice to Appear for the oath yesterday. Just wanted to share my timeline. Good luck everyone.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on June 6, 2011.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on June 6, 2011. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on February 1, 2012.

We sent you a notice on March 19, 2012 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 10, 2012 at 8:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a notice on July 18, 2012 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on July 26, 2012 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

sym8

Jul 12, 2012
congrats KBP and thanks for updating your status. not sure whats happening with my file but will keep my fingers crossed. eteacher, good luck to you and do keep us posted with your status.

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
Congrats KBP ! It seems to have gone quite smoothly.

Do you hold a job in the Canadian Labor Market or are you looking and /or hold US work but working from here ?

i am guessing you did not get RQ ? Or are you a spouse of a Canadian. I hear those also go pretty fast.

Your info will be useful in understanding general trends. Thanks !

HFR

Jul 22, 2012
I took the April 23rd Test. Nothing so far, either by mail or by eCas. Keeping fiingers crossed

FK

Apr 9, 2012
It seems those who wrote their tests in April have started getting letters for oath.

I wrote my test on April 24th, and am hoping to get the oath letter, and not the dreaded RQ. I called the CIC call center about a week ago, and was told by the agent that so far there is no further information on my file.

FK.

KBP

Jul 13, 2012
sym8 said:
congrats KBP and thanks for updating your status. not sure whats happening with my file but will keep my fingers crossed. eteacher, good luck to you and do keep us posted with your status.
thanks sym8! it's just weird that April test takers are starting to get letters and you haven't. I believe you wrote the test on March 20th. I suggest you call CIC and ask for any reason why. I hope you will get it soon though. Good luck to you!

KBP

Jul 13, 2012
us2yow said:
Congrats KBP ! It seems to have gone quite smoothly.

Do you hold a job in the Canadian Labor Market or are you looking and /or hold US work but working from here ?

i am guessing you did not get RQ ? Or are you a spouse of a Canadian. I hear those also go pretty fast.

Your info will be useful in understanding general trends. Thanks !
Thanks us2yow! Yes, I do have a job here in Toronto and I did not get an RQ. Not a spouse of a Canadian though. My file was pretty staightforward so that's probably the reason it went quite smoothly.

zoia khan

Jul 23, 2012
Hi
I wrote my test on 5th april 2012 and no updates yet I called cic office also and agent said I have to w8 till starting of october I m very much disappointed

HFR

Jul 22, 2012
So I recevied the RQ today. Guess my weakness is that I am a homemaker and do not work for remuneration at an employer. Although I have made my home well and work as hard as my husband - volunteer at a hospital and abide by all rules and we both live frugally, within our means and happily within his salary. The officer who intereviewd me on my day of test was not even interested in looking at the supporting documents that I had brought with me - medical records, our utility bills, mortgage documents etc etc etc. Anyways, I will fill out the RQ and send it back as soon as I can.

I have one quick questions, if anyone can help. On the RQ it asks if I declared Canada as my place of residence on the Tax Returns I filed in last four years. I did not file any tax returns myself, my husband files taxes every year based on his salary and claims my exemetion. Should I state as such on the RQ or should I now file Nil returns and wait for notices of assessment from CRA and then attach them with RQ before sending the RQ back.