App received: Nov 16, 2017
AoR: Jan 23, 2018
In Process: Feb 8, 2018
FP Request: Jul 13, 2018
FP sent: Jul 14, 2018
Test invite: Oct 26, 2018
Test date: Nov 13, 2018
Processing office: Mississauga, ON

Now here's the issue - I was out of the country for most of October & November last year, and so before I went away, I PROACTIVELY contacted IRCC through webform and told them not to invite me for a test between my travel dates. They STILL invited me, right in middle of my travel dates! I contacted them yet again through webform that I am unable to attend the test. All I received was a computer-generated acknowledgement for the webform thing.
When I came back to the country, I contacted IRCC, the agent advised I am in queue for a new test date. I am still waiting. I recently received my GCMS notes, which say 'No Show' in the knowledge test field - which is a load of bullcrap!
I contacted IRCC again, and they said there's nothing you or anybody can do right now, just wait because you're in queue. I mean...it's been 5 months since my last test invite, which I should've never received for that date in the first place!
Aren't they supposed to give you a new test date right away or within certain number of days if you let them know of your inability to attend before the scheduled event?
Sorry, this was a bit of a rant, I know. But any info or advise would be helpful. Thanks!

xylene

Apr 16, 2010
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-June-2010
Doc's Request.
05-Oct-2010
AOR Received.
07-Feb-2011
File Transfer...
In Process 24-May-2012
Med's Request
04-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
16-Sep-2013 | 28-Oct-2013 'Medical Received' line in eCAS
Passport Req..
PP reached NDVO on 19-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 23-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
Apr 2014
I think the only thing you can do is wait. I would assume that if you asked for a change, then you go to the bottom of the queue. Someone would have messed up your proactive communication and still invited you for the test.
I know it is frustrating. But there is not much you can do other than (contacting your MP etc - as detailed by other posters on this forum)

Ahsanzubair

Sep 5, 2018
Hi folks! Here's my timeline:
App sent: Nov 13, 2017

Now here's the issue - I was out of the country for most of October & November last year, and so before I went away, I PROACTIVELY contacted IRCC through webform and told them not to invite me for a test between my travel dates. They STILL invited me, right in middle of my travel dates! I contacted them yet again through webform that I am unable to attend the test. All I received was a computer-generated acknowledgement for the webform thing.
When I came back to the country, I contacted IRCC, the agent advised I am in queue for a new test date. I am still waiting. I recently received my GCMS notes, which say 'No Show' in the knowledge test field - which is a load of bullcrap!
I contacted IRCC again, and they said there's nothing you or anybody can do right now, just wait because you're in queue. I mean...it's been 5 months since my last test invite, which I should've never received for that date in the first place!
Aren't they supposed to give you a new test date right away or within certain number of days if you let them know of your inability to attend before the scheduled event?
Sorry, this was a bit of a rant, I know. But any info or advise would be helpful. Thanks!

How long after the initial invite did you get the new date?

HS2018Nov

Jun 24, 2019
Hi folks! Here's my timeline:
App sent: Nov 13, 2017

Hi,

Just wondering, when did you finally get the invite? I'm in same situation here!

Thanks!

Ahsanzubair

Sep 5, 2018
Also.interested in finding out how long it takes them to reschedule. Waiting for rescheduled date for parents since may 2019

andrews.juchem

Star Member
Oct 16, 2020
Has anyone rescheduled the citizenship test recently? Please could you share your experience?

I'm in the same situation (outside of the country and will have to ask them to delay the test for 3-4 months until I come back).

3shiro

Star Member
May 22, 2020
Has anyone rescheduled the citizenship test recently? Please could you share your experience?

I'm in the same situation (outside of the country and will have to ask them to delay the test for 3-4 months until I come back).
Lot of people have same situation as yours, including me, want to reschedule but really scared of waiting another year maybe? To get out rescheduled..

Reactions: andrews.juchem

andrews.juchem

Star Member
Oct 16, 2020
Lot of people have same situation as yours, including me, want to reschedule but really scared of waiting another year maybe? To get out rescheduled..
I really hope it won't take another year, especially if I need to travel outside Canada again after coming back. The perfect delay for me would be 4 months. Have you already sent the reschedule request email? And have you got at least an acknowledgment that your email/request was received?

3shiro

Star Member
May 22, 2020
I really hope it won't take another year, especially if I need to travel outside Canada again after coming back. The perfect delay for me would be 4 months. Have you already sent the reschedule request email? And have you got at least an acknowledgment that your email/request was received?
No, still deciding.. I only sent them an email asking about the reschedule time whether it will take only few months or longer time than this, still waiting for reply from them.

andrews.juchem

Star Member
Oct 16, 2020
No, still deciding.. I only sent them an email asking about the reschedule time whether it will take only few months or longer time than this, still waiting for reply from them.
I see. I'd appreciate it if you could share their response once you get it.

andrews.juchem

Star Member
Oct 16, 2020
Do you need to get acknowledgment of receipt, if you send them an email? I didn't get that.
Someone else told me in another thread (link below) that he/she sent IRCC an email asking to reschedule the exam and it took about 5-8 business days to get a response from them. I don't know what IRCC replied to in the email, but this person said that IRCC was okay with rescheduling the exam. What I'm looking to know is how many months can we delay the exam and if we can reschedule it again later in case we can't make the new date.

You said that you were going to ask how long it will take to be able to take the exam again, so I'm curious to know what they will tell you.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/reschedule-online-citizenship-test.715081/post-9457327

3shiro

Star Member
May 22, 2020
Someone else told me in another thread (link below) that he/she sent IRCC an email asking to reschedule the exam and it took about 5-8 business days to get a response from them. I don't know what IRCC replied to in the email, but this person said that IRCC was okay with rescheduling the exam. What I'm looking to know is how many months can we delay the exam and if we can reschedule it again later in case we can't make the new date.

You said that you were going to ask how long it will take to be able to take the exam again, so I'm curious to know what they will tell you.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/reschedule-online-citizenship-test.715081/post-9457327
There is another thread about someone missed the exam, "not rescheduling it" , they told him they will invite him for another test and it will be his last attempt, but they also said, they can't give him a specific date, usually in their website if you miss a test they retest you again after 2 weeks, but with the backlog now, no one knows how long this will take.

andrews.juchem

Star Member
Oct 16, 2020
There is another thread about someone missed the exam, "not rescheduling it" , they told him they will invite him for another test and it will be his last attempt, but they also said, they can't give him a specific date, usually in their website if you miss a test they retest you again after 2 weeks, but with the backlog now, no one knows how long this will take.
Yes, that seems to be the case if you miss the exam. However, I think if you proactively ask them to reschedule it (instead of simply not showing up), they might give you a second chance to reschedule it. But I'm just speculating. I'm still waiting for my email, which I expect to get this week, then I'll try to reschedule it. Perhaps I'll try to call them to ask these questions.