+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Test outside Canada

Finaldestination

Star Member
May 12, 2019
Hello all,
I am applying for citizenship and travelling to India for holiday for sometime, currently I am seeing the trend that test emails are sent in 2 months time after the submitting the application.
My only question is, If I received the test email while I am outside would be able to do the test from India by using the link provided?
Do I need to inform Ircc that I am away and they will reschedule?

any input will be helpful.

chanakyashah

May 3, 2017
Yes you can give you test from India. I did that, all you need to do is email them that you are outside Canada on the same email you get the test invite from.

However, I strongly urge you not to. A lot of us who did that have had their application delayed.

chanakyashah

May 3, 2017
You mean if you don’t email them?

Yes, the link would still work. However, they would easily catch you with your IP. Every action is tracked, your cameras are on, you aren’t supposed to move your focus from the active window either. Either tell them you are outside or fly back to Canada.

Finaldestination

Star Member
May 12, 2019
Ohki thank you for the suggestions, I am planning to stay between 6-8 months or longer (going to prepare for a certification) , and come back once they schedule the oath and then settle

Is it possible to do that ?

chanakyashah

May 3, 2017
Yes, but there is no guarantee on the timeline. I’m waiting since over a year now. It’s been over 6 months since my test.

HNJ

Star Member
Mar 20, 2017
I am also in the same boat. Appeared for the test from India in March end. @chanakyashah whats your time line? Also I have heard that ircc asks for proof that we are back in canada for those who appeared the test outside canada? Did you got any such email?

chanakyashah

May 3, 2017
I am also in the same boat. Appeared for the test from India in March end. @chanakyashah whats your time line? Also I have heard that ircc asks for proof that we are back in canada for those who appeared the test outside canada? Did you got any such email?
I haven’t received any such email. Honestly, I was hoping they send it so I can plan my trip. If you view the forum from a laptop you would be able to see the entire timeline in my signature.

HNJ

Star Member
Mar 20, 2017
I haven’t received any such email. Honestly, I was hoping they send it so I can plan my trip. If you view the forum from a laptop you would be able to see the entire timeline in my signature.
Found it thanks. I have LPP in progress. I am planning to come back in August. Just wish it would be ok.

Reactions: chanakyashah

lila777

Star Member
Jul 20, 2015
Hey, could you tell me please what paperwork did they ask you as a part of FP Request? FP means physical presence, right?
I was told during interview they gonna request something like this from me but I have not heard back for a week already. I applied in Feb 2022.

chanakyashah

May 3, 2017
Hey, could you tell me please what paperwork did they ask you as a part of FP Request? FP means physical presence, right?
I was told during interview they gonna request something like this from me but I have not heard back for a week already. I applied in Feb 2022.
FP stands for Fingerprint Request.

mopjedopje101

Star Member
Dec 6, 2018
It really depend no one really knows exactly what are the consequences of doing trate outside . In my case it all went smooth I applied September last year ! Got test invité March did it outside . Last month I got oath and everything done . No problems at all or delayed .