+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test Oct 5th , How to prepare in one week?

eaglesky

Mar 10, 2015
Hello Guys,

I got my citizenship invitation letter few days ago and I know that I should have started to study months ago but I didn't have book and because of moving and other problems , I haven't study Discover Canada yet ( only first 10 pages). How I can prepare myself enough to pass the test in remaining one week? With current circumstance , I can read the book only once. I have tried citizenship test sample from library and passed 75 -80 % ! is there any reliable citizenship test that I can use ?

I want to pass the test first time otherwise application process will be delayed so please give me your suggestion.
Thanks,

eduvit

Jan 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eaglesky said:
Hello Guys,

I got my citizenship invitation letter few days ago and I know that I should have started to study months ago but I didn't have book and because of moving and other problems , I haven't study Discover Canada yet ( only first 10 pages). How I can prepare myself enough to pass the test in remaining one week? With current circumstance , I can read the book only once. I have tried citizenship test sample from library and passed 75 -80 % ! is there any reliable citizenship test that I can use ?

I want to pass the test first time otherwise application process will be delayed so please give me your suggestion.
Thanks,
I would recommend 10 video lectures in youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LueYBTLzhAI&index=2

Practice test online, and some apps on iOS or Android:
http://www.yourlibrary.ca/citizenship/
http://www.v-soul.com/onlinetest/
http://www.citizenshipsupport.ca/
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.panch.canada&hl=en

my approach is read the book carefuly, then work with video lectures and do practices test as much as you can. You can also read the book and practice test right away while review the book at the same time. One week is prefect time for studying, don't be worry. Good luck.

Mehwish9

Star Member
Apr 2, 2009
eaglesky said:
Hello Guys,

Thanks,
here are the tips to follow

1) Read through the book few time.even look at the photos given along with description.

2) Listen to these videos which summarize the important points nicely here :

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA_kBhBkaMXLFteh-MC_Gaw

3) The two sites whose practice questions were closest is :

http://www.v-soul.com/onlinetest/ and
http://www.yourlibrary.ca/citizenship/
Attend test preparation class at local library or immigrant society.
hope it will lead you to success.
good luck.

riasharma169

Star Member
Jul 14, 2010
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
2nd AOR recieved on 15 may 2010
IELTS Request
7.5 submitted in november 2009
VISA ISSUED...
January 2011
LANDED..........
february 2011
You dont have to study for months
eaglesky said:
Hello Guys,

Thanks,
You dont have to study for months for this test. 1 week is sufficient. Just read the discover canada book once in every 2 day. 3 or 4 readings would be sufficient. Dont spend too much time on online stuff. Just give the book a regular reading as if we read the news paper. Keep on reading the book till the exam come. Always read the pictures and the text in the box. But truely speaking, the question can come from any part of the book. There is no such thing important and not important. So, in a nutshell, Just read the book as if you read a newspaper, word by word. Don't stress yourself. You dont have to memorize stuff, let the discover canada be in the background of your mind. In the exam, when the question comes, then you will be automatically able to pick the correct answer. So just read it like a news paper. All the best.

eaglesky

Mar 10, 2015
Thanks for responds, I have read Discover Canada one until now and hope to reread it twice. I try some online test and passed 75% to 85% depend on questions.

Do you have any Idea How long takes for 2nd test and judge interview if I couldn't pass first one? ( I'm worried , someone says test is difficult specialty those numbers ) :-[

MiriamT

May 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2009
File Transfer...
09-03-2009
Med's Done....
28-10-2008
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
eaglesky said:
Do you have any Idea How long takes for 2nd test and judge interview if I couldn't pass first one? ( I'm worried , someone says test is difficult specialty those numbers ) :-[
Try to stay calm. The test isn't hard. :)

When I went for my test they said it'd be 4-8 weeks to be scheduled for a 2nd test if anyone failed the 1st one, but that was in Vancouver. Interview with Citizenship Judge isn't needed until the applicant has failed twice (there are other reasons why a CJ would be needed, but I'm answering according to your question). Interview with Citizenship Officer isn't the same as interview with the Citizenship Judge, the former is a mandatory one (to check documents, passports, etc), and the latter is if there are issues with the application (e.g. the person fails 1st and 2nd tests).

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
A week is more than enough to prepare.

Just read the book at least 3 times and tailor it in a way that is interesting to you so you retain the information. I studied it like a story, as I learn more by writing things I made some small side notes for dates and names. Went through the Youtube videos mentioned just for a short summarization and then had my wife basically quiz me from the book any question , any page. Be calm as Miriam says and you will do fine.

For Toronto they mentioned if you fail the first test in 3 to 4 weeks you will be scheduled for a re-test, if you fail the re-test you will be scheduled for a knowledge session with a CJ in 7 to 8 months from the date of your re-test this is all explained by the examiner when you go for writing the test.

shaazdeh

Jan 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
samreentariq said:
A week is more than enough to prepare.

Just read the book at least 3 times and tailor it in a way that is interesting to you so you retain the information. I studied it like a story, as I learn more by writing things I made some small side notes for dates and names. Went through the Youtube videos mentioned just for a short summarization and then had my wife basically quiz me from the book any question , any page. Be calm as Miriam says and you will do fine.

For Toronto they mentioned if you fail the first test in 3 to 4 weeks you will be scheduled for a re-test, if you fail the re-test you will be scheduled for a knowledge session with a CJ in 7 to 8 months from the date of your re-test this is all explained by the examiner when you go for writing the test.
Honestly, instead of stressing, start reading the book, I know many people with even limited English pass the test. It is not difficult and you can have 5 mistakes out of 20!

eaglesky

Mar 10, 2015
Thanks guys for giving me courage,

Those online tests in library or websites that you mentioned above are same as original citizenship test ?(because most of them have 100 same question). َAre those reliable and can I predict my original test mark from these online test?

eeeeeeeelectric

Mar 20, 2011
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Surrey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2011
AOR Received.
05-07-2011
Med's Done....
15-03-2011
Interview........
28-07-2015
Passport Req..
1-16-2012
VISA ISSUED...
1-19-2012
LANDED..........
1-21-2012
I was informed while on vacation in New Zealand for two of the three weeks notice they gave me. Read, read, read that book! Take the tests once or twice, and download the audio book to listen to all free times you have. I got 20/20.
Best of luck!