+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Test/ Oath of citizenship, Vancouver, April 2012

Vangard

Apr 17, 2012
I've heared that two months is the standard time in Vancouver for now, I cannot wait for six months! :(

san-mig

May 1, 2012
hi vangard. no update yet with mine either. and i took the test april 3, so about 2 weeks ahead of you.

san-mig

May 1, 2012
Got my invitation for oath yesterday, which will be on june 22. Hope you guys get yours soon. Goodluck!

Vangard

Apr 17, 2012
gpeperat,
you are right it’s a game but it’s a very stressful game for me.

san-mig,

congrats, what a short notice! only 2 weeks’ notice to attend the oath ceremony, glad you got it.

Vangard

san-mig

May 1, 2012
vangard,

thanks and yeah it's only a 2 week notice, don't worry too much, you're gonna get yours soon too :)

Vangard

Apr 17, 2012
Hi Everyone,
Seams that it's the end of gurney for me, I got the oath of citizenship invitation yesterday and have to attend the ceremony in less than two weeks.
I was in touch with few people, all of us got the invitation 2 months and 1 week after the test and most of us have/had less than 2 weeks to the oath ceremony. In all the cases notice posted (mailed) 3 days prior to website, means CIC updates the website with 3 business days delay.
It's a friendly reminder to all of those who want to sit for the citizenship test, please read read and and do not waste your time on online tests... these test do not cover the whole book. Like driving license tesread the discover Canada bookt, if you only practice the online ICBC tests you will fail because it covers only 70% of the book! After you read the book few times then you can challenge your knowledge with the online tests.
Wish you all the best of luck and hope you get your invitations soon.
Happy Canada day. :)
Vangard

nimbu

Jun 28, 2012
Hi all,

I had my citizenship test in Vancouver CIC expo boulevard on April 24th with citizenship judge, the test went ok.still waiting for my result???
i spoke to customer service person,..... they asked to wait till aug 1 st week.finger crossed.juz waiting to my result.just bcoz we applied in a family category, my husband have to wait(it's long wait close to 1.5 yrs.After i applied for my citizenship exam, due to some personal reason i stayed close to 1.5 years in back home.in the meantime, i was called for a exam which i am unable to attend, and my husband also moved different province.I returned here somewhere middle of last year.so, i waited for exam till april 2012.now, i waiting for my result.tooooo long progress.

any suggestion???

saltspringer

Jul 4, 2012
Hi test-takers from April 2012. Sorry to jump into your thread with something a bit off topic, but I was wondering if I could ask advice. I'll be submitting my application from Salt Spring next month (so presumably the Vancouver office now that the Victoria office is closed). I'd be open to any advice and timelines so I can do some planning. All info will be very gratefully received!

Congrats on getting that far through the process. I'm jealous and a bit fearful as this looks like a daunting process.

Saltspringer

sophia44

Aug 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

I wrote the citizenship test on April 24, 2012 , No result yet.
anyone else did the test in April? any news??

Rosebud

Oct 12, 2012
Hi,

First of all stop wasting time over what is gone and call CIC Call center 1-888-242‑2100 to find the update on your case. You can always talk to someone over there and make sure that they have all your current info including your phone #, email and mailing address. The call center reps are very nice and will try to help you as much as possible. Never get angry on the phone and send an email to question@cic.gc.ca as they will answer case specific updates if you email them with all your personal info which you use to check your online case status. A friendly suggestion is keep in touch with the CIC call center every month so if there are any issues you know them right away and don't waste time.

The reps do have a way to contact the officer but they can only contact if the time period is over and if you are nice and understanding as well as your file is complete from your end.

So Good Luck and keep trying :)

Rose

twototango

Apr 10, 2013
Vangard said:
Hi everyone,

I had my citizenship test in Vancouver CIC expo boulevard on April 17th, please tell me when I can expect to receive the citizenship oath invitation?
About the test, it was a little bit complicated, not even close to the tests in Richmond library, Toronto Library and other online resources! Tell me what do you think?

Thanks,
Vangard
I had my test in Vancouver on Feb. 14. I have received the letter to take the oath on May 1.