+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Test/ Oath of citizenship, Vancouver, April 2012

Vangard

Apr 17, 2012
Hi everyone,

I had my citizenship test in Vancouver CIC expo boulevard on April 17th, please tell me when I can expect to receive the citizenship oath invitation?
About the test, it was a little bit complicated, not even close to the tests in Richmond library, Toronto Library and other online resources! Tell me what do you think?

Thanks,
Vangard

seeuuu

Mar 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 23,2012
Doc's Request.
February 06,2013 Submitted by 5/21/13, ECas changed "In Process" by 6/20/13.
AOR Received.
November 7,2012
File Transfer...
November 25,2012
Med's Done....
September 19,2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 4,2013 Passport sent by july 12
VISA ISSUED...
July 16, 2013
LANDED..........
August 4, 2013
Hi,
It will take one month to 4 months, but mostly they send with in one month just wait till May 17th.
GOOD LUCK :)

joanna8898

Apr 18, 2012
hey Vangard,
I am from vancouver as well. would you mind to share your timeline? My status has been under "in progress" since feb 13, 2012. I wonder how much longer do i approximately have to wait. and sorry for being a bit off from your topic.

regards,
joanna

Vangard

Apr 17, 2012
Thanks seeuuu for your advise :) I hope I get the oath invitation soon.

Joanna,

here is my time line:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 6, 2011.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), on May 6, 2011. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on February 22, 2012.

We sent you a notice on March 15, 2012 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 17, 2012 at 8:01 AM.

Hopefully you’ll receive yours very soon, make sure you read the book as much as you can, the questions are not similar to sample tests available online.

Vangard

joanna8898

Apr 18, 2012
Vangard,
Thanks for sharing your timeline. I do hope i will receive my notice soon. I indeed applied and started processing earlier than u did, finger crossed nothing went wrong with my application.But again, big thanks!
Joanna

E

erikag

Vangard, could you please post a few questions? Were the questions completely different from the online practice test questions or just the possible answers were different. How many tricky questions did you have? Was it hard?
Thanks.

manny79

Jun 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
guys it will take about 4 months from date of Test...

I had my test on Jan 18, and so yesterday i got notice to appear for a citizenship oath on the 11th May....

Vangard

Apr 17, 2012
Hi Erikag,

As I mentioned my focus was only on online sources like Richmond library test or Toronto library … and I didn't spend much time on the book, you will be 100% fine if you read the book. since I was not familiar with book, I don't remember the questions but I can tell you to read the captions of all the photos and remember the names and dates mentioned there.
When you do a lot of online tests, basically you memorize the questions and answers so if they change the question you cannot answer it right away but if you read the book properly you can answer to all the questions regardless of knowing the question or not.

Fingers are crossed for you,
Vangard

christy198112

Mar 30, 2012
Vangard,

that happened to me !!! I had my test on march 28 2012 and I read the book 1 time and then focus on the Richmond library test and I really memorized all the questions there that when I took the test the half of the questions wasn't there!!!!
So I am affraid about the results.... I hope we have passed the test!!!!

Vangard

Apr 17, 2012
christy,

You said you set for citizenship test on March 28th, means almost 4 weeks ago. you should receive a notice soon, plz lemee know when you got it. most of my friends were notified 4 weeks afer their test.

Vangards

E

erikag

Thanks Vangard! I wanted to read the book a couple of times anyway. Now it seems that it is a good idea to read the book a few more times instead of practicing online. I have already started reading it and memorizing the dates/names/facts. Luckily I am already familiar with some of the dates and historic facts.
I hope you will all get the oath invitation letter soon.

san-mig

May 1, 2012
Hi guys, any update on those who took the test on April 2012? I took the test April 3.. but still waiting for a letter.