+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test - my experience (I got 20/20 )

Mustafa100

Star Member
Oct 21, 2013
I want to share my experience about how to read and answer the questions, the websites I used

first It was easy more than I thought,

They just want to know that you "understand" what in the discover Canada guide, and the major events in the Canadian history and modern Canada

If you lived in Canada for at least three years you could answer 5 to 10 questions without even reading any thing

Most of the questions are driven by logic, the logic comes from your understanding to the message they want you to know when you read every chapter or section in the discover Canada

At least read this book 1 time with full focus and every detail
“every picture” in this book you should know at least some thing about it (name, year, event, etc.. )

I used the below websites and I got 20/20 on my test using only these websites AND DISCOVER CANADA GUIDE

https://www.apnatoronto.com/canadian-citizenship-test-practice/?fbclid=IwAR1YHyDQQmqHxc7gsa6uVTCLzexH3vaUBhMZujrZUg1jKsjVQcJqd2LywAI

http://www.thecanadiantest.com/citizenship-test/1

Good luck

Last edited:

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I want to share my expierience about how to read and answer the questions, the websites I used

first It was easy more than I thought,

They just want to know that you understand what in the discover Canada guide, and the major events in the Canadian history and modern Canada

If you lived in Canada for at least three years you should answer 5 to 10 questions without even reading any thing

Most of the questions are driven by logic, the logic comes from understanding of the message they want you to know when you read every chapter or section in the discover Canada

At least read this book 1 time with full focus and every detail
“every picture” in this book you should know at least some thing about it (name, year, event, etc.. )
I used the below websites and I got 20/20 on my test using only these websites AND DISCOVER CANADA GUIDE

https://www.apnatoronto.com/canadian-citizenship-test-practice/?fbclid=IwAR1YHyDQQmqHxc7gsa6uVTCLzexH3vaUBhMZujrZUg1jKsjVQcJqd2LywAI

http://www.thecanadiantest.com/citizenship-test/1
Thank you for sharing your experience!

Reactions: Mustafa100

GuyanaGirl

Jul 4, 2016
Visa Office......
Kitchener
App. Filed.......
July, 20th 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Thanks for sharing & congratulations on your perfect score !

Reactions: Mustafa100

rafa2mac

Jul 21, 2014
congratulation. Just a couple of technical questions: Do you know right away if the answer to each question is correct or you know at the end the final result? Is it possible to skip a question and eventually go back in a second moment?

canvisa13

Nov 21, 2019
congratulation. Just a couple of technical questions: Do you know right away if the answer to each question is correct or you know at the end the final result? Is it possible to skip a question and eventually go back in a second moment?
1) It won't show right/wrong until you submit the full exam. (It will never show what questions you did wrong even after submit)
2) After you submit, it will say correct/total(20) with pass/fail information. (How many you got correct out of 20)
3) You can select to 'review' a question and can go back until your time is over.
4) If you don't submit before your time expires, then what ever you selected will be submitted automatically and your results will depend on that.

Good luck.

Reactions: harirajmohan

Georgesand

Oct 22, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I read the book, did the tests on Apna and Richmond library and other apps but I’m still afraid I’ll fail on the real exam lol.

i have 2 questions about the process

1. Once you answer one question and submit, can you come back to edit the response later if you don’t tick the “review later” box

2. for photoID. Do you need to move your body out of the camera and only have your ID and hand in the yellow box? And did you look at the camera or screen while taking your photo? I read the instructions?

Congratulations on passing the test. Hope the oath is within 1 month!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I read the book, did the tests on Apna and Richmond library and other apps but I’m still afraid I’ll fail on the real exam lol.

i have 2 questions about the process

1. Once you answer one question and submit, can you come back to edit the response later if you don’t tick the “review later” box

Yes

2. for photoID. Do you need to move your body out of the camera and only have your ID and hand in the yellow box? And did you look at the camera or screen while taking your photo? I read the instructions?

Hold the ID close enough to the camera and naturally, you'll only be able to see the hand and the ID.

Congratulations on passing the test. Hope the oath is within 1 month!

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Not sure exactly what you meant to ask with this question. But hitting "submit" means you're locking in all your answers as final:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-test/submit.html

Before you hit "submit", you can change your answers on any question...and the button won't be enabled unless all 20 questions are answered.

"Review later" just adds a flag to that question number but you can change any answer before you press "submit".

Check the rest of the test steps in the above link for an overview of the entire process.

Georgesand

Oct 22, 2013
Not sure exactly what you meant to ask with this question. But hitting "submit" means you're locking in all your answers as final:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-test/submit.html

Before you hit "submit", you can change your answers on any question...and the button won't be enabled unless all 20 questions are answered.

"Review later" just adds a flag to that question number but you can change any answer before you press "submit".

Check the rest of the test steps in the above link for an overview of the entire process.
Thanks! I meant the “confirm submission” button. I wasn’t sure I could click it for each question or pick a choice and click next question.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016

Mustafa100

Star Member
Oct 21, 2013
Thanks! I meant the “confirm submission” button. I wasn’t sure I could click it for each question or pick a choice and click next question.
Hi,
The "submission" button IS FOR ALL SET OF QUESTIONS, if you press it at any time during your test ( it will show you another window to confirm that you are about to submit and end your test )

after each question, choose next/previous question to answer the next question
( you are free to move between the questions and your answers within the 30 min test time )
once you finish the 20 questions and feel ready to end the test you can click on the submition button.

I needed 8 minutes to finish the test ( finish means answer all questions and review the marked ones, and then did final review for all set of questions )

if you study well, you will answer all questions in less than 10 minutes.

the two websites above are very useful to get an idea of how the question is look like in the test
note: my wife took the test today and got 20/20, she studied using these two websites

Last edited:

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Hi,
The "submission" button IS FOR ALL SET OF QUESTIONS, if you press it at any time during your test ( it will show you another window to confirm that you are about to submit and end your test )

( you are free to move between the questions and your answers within the 30 min test time )
once you finish the 20 questions and feel ready to end the test you can click on the submition button.

I needed 8 minutes to finish the test ( finish means answer all questions and review the marked ones, and then did final review for all set of questions )

the two websites above are very useful to get an idea of how the question is look like in the test
note: my wife took the test today and got 20/20, she studied using these two websites
Are they asking like current PM, opposition leaders , governor general names etc? I assume no, correct.

Georgesand

Oct 22, 2013
Hi,

That makes sense. Thank you so much for the reply.

When you took a photo of your ID, was the image flipped horizontally (siht ekiL)? Not sure I need to set up my laptop so it doesn’t flip.

Last edited: