+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Test is Fail ? St. Office

bekabeka

May 19, 2012
I got this letter .

Hearing with Citizenship Judge

" The Citizenship Judge needs more information to make a decision about your citizenship application and you must appear for a hearing.
At this hearing, the Judge will determine whether you meet all the requirements for citizenship and you will also be asked questions to determine if you have an adequate knowledge of English or French and an adequate knowledge of Canada. "

Language abilities:

answer simple questions on familiar topics, using short sentences;
show that you know enough words for basic everyday communication;
tell a simple story about everyday activities;
speak about something you did in the past (or will do in the future);
give simple everyday instructions and directions; and
express satisfaction or dissatisfaction.

I wrote the my test 2011 may.
Citizenship Judge interview : 2012 Jun ./ St. Office

Elana

May 21, 2012
Hi bebka,
Unfortunately, my friend is in the same situation she and her husband applied in July 2011. She passed her test but her husband failed it and because they applied together under the same file number they are still waiting to get an interview with the judge.

bekabeka

May 19, 2012
Elana,

The letter does not say anything about written test result? Example : He's failed the test? This letter only said : Hearing with citizenship Judge?

I am very scary!

I learned many time,but my English is not very well ! Maybe the language ability problem /too/ ?

Thank you Elana!

bekebeka

E

erikag

The government offers free language programs (Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada - LINC) across the country. Here is the link to the official website:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/welcome/wel-03e.asp#linc

To find a location close to where you live, go to this link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/map/services.asp

If you had failed the test, the judge will give you 20 questions but you won't get the multiple choice answers. So you have to answer the questions without any help. Read the book several times and make sure you understand what you read. Translate and learn the words you do not know. Good luck!

magy

May 2, 2012
Hi Elana,

I would like to ask how did your friends find out about the test results? Did they call and were told about that and how long after the test they received the letter for judge hearing. I am really worried because we had the test in Dec and so far nothing. I called few times and the last lady said they are not doing any check but there is no appointment scheduled. I don't know what to think. Thanks a lot!

Regards,

Magy

Elana

May 21, 2012
Hi magy,
My friend kept calling them and then they told her that her husband needs to call and when he called they told him that he failed and that they should wait until he receives a letter for him to appear before a judge. They did the test last July (2011) and they are still waiting :( maybe when you call next time tell cic that you are trying to check online and it's not working maybe they can help.

magy

May 2, 2012
Thanks Elana!

The very first lady said that they are doing criminal check, because the old one has expired and when I asked about the test results she said we passed the test and after the check will be scheduled for the ceremony. But then I called three more times and they said they dont know about the test and confirmed the check was going on. Last week I was told that all the checks are done and this confused me because she didn't tell me what is the next step. Thanks again!

Magy

adam20

May 30, 2012
As far as I know:

If you do not receive an invitation for the ceremony within three weeks , then you should go and ask the immigration office in your area. They will tell you if you fail or not or have a hearing with a judge.This based on my experience.

If two people (wife and husband) applied together and one of them passed and the other failed they can easily separate their files and the one who passed the exam will receive a letter for his/her ceremony within a month of the date he/she applies for file separation. This based on my experience.

English language is not a big problem , once you know the basic that is it.
If you pass the exam the judge will not ask you questions about knowledge of Canada this based on my spouse experience.

bekabeka

May 19, 2012
Hi Adam,

I don't received an invitation for the ceremony.
I called the CIC Office last week . They did'n give me information for my test result.
I will go to the St. Claire Office !
I learn every day for Canada.

Thanks Adam

bekabeka

magy

May 2, 2012
Hi Adam,

Did you receive a letter for judge hearing after the test and how long after the test? Did they require something more, lake documents etc. or that was simple because of the test results? Because I see most people are going to judge hearing but they also have to send this questionnaire forms. I understand your wife was asked different questions by the judge not related with the book, right? Thanks!

Regards,

Magy

adam20

May 30, 2012
Hi Magy and bekabeka ,
Actually, I did not receive a letter for the ceremony till I did the seperation. They sent me a letter for ceremony within a month of the date that I applied for file separation.

My spouse received a letter for hearing with judge after one year of her exam.Because she passed the exam the judge did not ask her any question about knowledge of Canada and the judge did not ask her to provide any letter. The judge evaluated her English language level.The judge was very firendly.

bekabeka: do not call; just go in person and they will tell you.Do not ask for the test result just ask them why you did not receive a letter for the ceremony and then they will till you the resaon.
Good Luck for both of you

bekabeka

May 19, 2012
I went to the Immigration /Toronto/ St. Clair Office.

The Lady /information/ said me:

If I have to go to the Judge, my test is not pass.

My wrote my test: 2011 May.

I got letter for the Judge : 2012 May .15

Judge appointment: 2012 Jun .13

I didn't get any letter . RQ/

/ Why?? /

Thanks
I have to learn!!!