+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Test Invitation Received - System says I have not been invited when I log in - Anyone else?

Dhilu

Apr 29, 2014
I got an invite to do the online citizenship test. But when I tried to log in / sign in, I get a message that "our records indicate you have not been invited for the citizenship test".
For sure I have been invited for test. I have the email.
I checked and rechecked my App ID and UCI, and I am punching in the correct numbers. Any idea what is going on? Please share your experience. Thnxz

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
I already tried everything and have now email them as well. My wife was able to get her test done, however, I'm getting the same issue.

Have any of you experience the issue as well ?

and did they responded back in a timely fashion ?
Any response from them on your problem? Were you able to take the test?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Yes I emailed the support as mentioned within the invite document and they address the issue in due time. After which I was able to appear for the test and pass it.

Ensure that you send an email to this address asap IRCC.CitOnlineTest-TestenligneCit.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

Along with an explanation and they will resolve the issue.

Cheers!
Colin
Thanks for the note.
Can you tell me the stage which it was not allowing?
Was it showing the message as "Not allowed" after signing in to take the test or while trying to request the test link?

sg02

Star Member
Jan 7, 2017
I am in the same boat, got the invitation last week and tried to appear for the test today (i.e. after the start date/time) but getting the error message:

You can’t take the test right now. Based on our records, we haven’t invited you to take this test right now.

I contacted IRCC via email and it may take days before they respond. I called IRCC too and they suggested me to wait for the response. I guess I can't do much, took the couple of days off from work for preparation but will have to prepare again as its difficult to remember especially the historical dates / names.

The worst part is that when I prepare next time and try to appear for test, the same issue may happen at the Sign-in to get the Test Link.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
I am in the same boat, got the invitation last week and tried to appear for the test today (i.e. after the start date/time) but getting the error message:

You can’t take the test right now. Based on our records, we haven’t invited you to take this test right now.

I contacted IRCC via email and it may take days before they respond. I called IRCC too and they suggested me to wait for the response. I guess I can't do much, took the couple of days off from work for preparation but will have to prepare again as its difficult to remember especially the historical dates / names.

The worst part is that when I prepare next time and try to appear for test, the same issue may happen at the Sign-in to get the Test Link.
Is it not telling you just after logging in or while trying to get the test link?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
While trying to get the test link
So before you try to plan for the test, try to make sure you get the test link and then plan for it. Seems that you can try to get the test link again even if it expires. This way you wont have another surprise and wont waste you preparation days.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-test/access.html
  • If your link expired, sign in again to get a new test link.
  • If you sent yourself a test link multiple times, use the latest test link to sign in.

Reactions: SNGHL_2013

SNGHL_2013

Mar 26, 2013
I have the same issue. Sent out an email to address given above. Let's see what happens now. Is there anything else I should do apart from sending email?

Last edited:

samzik

Star Member
Mar 21, 2017
Yes I emailed the support as mentioned within the invite document and they address the issue in due time. After which I was able to appear for the test and pass it.

Ensure that you send an email to this address asap IRCC.CitOnlineTest-TestenligneCit.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

Along with an explanation and they will resolve the issue.

Cheers!
Colin
How many days did it take for them to resolve the issue? Thank you.

Last edited:

sg02

Star Member
Jan 7, 2017
So before you try to plan for the test, try to make sure you get the test link and then plan for it. Seems that you can try to get the test link again even if it expires. This way you wont have another surprise and wont waste you preparation days.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-test/access.html
  • If your link expired, sign in again to get a new test link.
  • If you sent yourself a test link multiple times, use the latest test link to sign in.
I got the email few hours ago and IRCC technical team was able to fix it. I just passed the test. Thanks everyone.

Good luck to those who faced the same issue (would recommend those to try it out again as it may be fixed for everyone)

samzik

Star Member
Mar 21, 2017
I got the email few hours ago and IRCC technical team was able to fix it. I just passed the test. Thanks everyone.

Good luck to those who faced the same issue (would recommend those to try it out again as it may be fixed for everyone)
I also took the test some minutes ago, i passed the test but i was unable to email a copy of the result to my email, can i call them to get a copy of the result

sg02

Star Member
Jan 7, 2017
I also took the test some minutes ago, i passed the test but i was unable to email a copy of the result to my email, can i call them to get a copy of the result
If you tried to email/print and it failed or gave some error, then you should call to get a copy of the result. But if you forgot to print/email then its not necessary, you can skip it and wait for the interview invitation.

samzik

Star Member
Mar 21, 2017
If you tried to email/print and it failed or gave some error, then you should call to get a copy of the result. But if you forgot to print/email then its not necessary, you can skip it and wait for the interview invitation.
ok thanks i will call IRCC tomorrow