+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Test from outside Canada?

shaz000

Dec 17, 2018
Hello anyone attempted to do the Citizenship test from outside Canada? I am travelling and would like to know how to go about it and if there are any implications on the same. Thank you.

senhari2005

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
Hello anyone attempted to do the Citizenship test from outside Canada? I am travelling and would like to know how to go about it and if there are any implications on the same. Thank you.
Hi, I took it from outside Canada, but I informed them and got a confirmation from IRCC to attend. There are no implications in my case processing.

Aug 6, 2023
I too, took the test outside of Canada, and already got the passport by now. It's important to send them a response immediately after test invitation email is received. Just explain why you have to take it outside, and they would normally instruct you to proceed with the test.

Reactions: aphermix

vi4371df

Nov 28, 2021
Mind telling us how long ago did you take the test? I am suspicious they might have changed this recently and would appreciate if you can confirm if your are a recent test taker. Thanks

vi4371df

Nov 28, 2021
I too, took the test outside of Canada, and already got the passport by now. It's important to send them a response immediately after test invitation email is received. Just explain why you have to take it outside, and they would normally instruct you to proceed with the test.
Mind telling us how long ago did you take the test? I am suspicious they might have changed this recently and would appreciate if you can confirm if your are a recent test taker. Thanks

Achilles23

Oct 12, 2023
Hello Buddy,

Before some time there was an article on how to respond to the outside of Canada test. But now I am not able to find it. Looks like IRCC has removed this article and can give tests from anywhere without informing them. Let me know if you contacted them and completed your test. I am in the same boat as you.