+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Test From Outside Canada

PianoTiger

Star Member
Oct 5, 2017
Are there any reports of people doing the test outside of Canada and receiving a normal timeline otherwise? Especially in 2022 after Covid and everything?

zaid84

Star Member
Aug 7, 2013
Just received test invitation, followed instructions and emailed I was outside of the country sending requested info:
An hour later got a response:
Dear Applicant

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada. To proceed with the online test from your location outside Canada you can access the link in the test invitation that was previously emailed to you within the specified time period.

Important: System changes underway - When you sign in to the online test, you will need to go through a privacy notice. One of the questions will ask if you are physically present in Canada while taking the citizenship test. Though we acknowledge you may be located outside Canada, please check the box. This is necessary to complete the test until system changes can be implemented.

Good luck on your citizenship test!

Citizenship Official
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
was the system changed? does the system still asks if you are in canada or not?

canada1111

Sep 30, 2010
A quick question.
I gave test outside Canada without knowing that I am not allowed this without informing the IRCC.
Passed the test. Got the interview. In interviw the lady said all good and should see you in oath cermoney in a couple of days time.
Three months gone and nothing happen. Then I find out that I did test outside Canada without informing the office so I send them an email that I did test while being outside without the knowldege that I am not allowed to do this without permission.
One week gone but no responce.
Any body having heared any similar sitation and its outcome?

Achilles23

Oct 12, 2023
A quick question.
I gave test outside Canada without knowing that I am not allowed this without informing the IRCC.
Passed the test. Got the interview. In interviw the lady said all good and should see you in oath cermoney in a couple of days time.
Three months gone and nothing happen. Then I find out that I did test outside Canada without informing the office so I send them an email that I did test while being outside without the knowldege that I am not allowed to do this without permission.
One week gone but no responce.
Any body having heared any similar sitation and its outcome?
Please let me know if you get any updates, I have read on Reddit many people do not tell IRCC that they are outside during test and completed their oath now. Also, IRCC removed a page that showed the steps to inform them if we are attempting the test from outside of Canada. I will be also attempting the test from outside and confused what to do.