+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test email

canv_1234

Star Member
Aug 27, 2020
Hi All,
In my application it states that I have to give a test betwee 10th and 30th Sept and will receive an email with instruction.

My app was updated first on 3rd and then 6th Sept but i have not received any email from them yet. Also check my spam but no luck.

When do we usually receive an email from them? Is there a time lag usually?

I dont even know the link to setup my test with them.

Inputs appreciated!!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi All,
In my application it states that I have to give a test betwee 10th and 30th Sept and will receive an email with instruction.

My app was updated first on 3rd and then 6th Sept but i have not received any email from them yet. Also check my spam but no luck.

Inputs appreciated!!
You could receive an email about a day or two before the test start date.

In all honestly, the email doesn't contain any information that can't be found on the IRCC website.

Here's the link to take the test => https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-test/online.html#start

Here's a complete tutorial for the online test process => https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-test/tutorial.html

Here's what you need to do before the test => https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-test/before.html

Reactions: TrueIndian

MartinH1337

Star Member
Jul 6, 2017
Thank you for the reply. But how do i book the test?
You dont book it - ýou have a window (in your case between Sept 10th - 30th) during which you are able to take the test using the link that rajkamalmohanram linked above. You can do it any time during the window - early morning, middle of the night, weekends etc.

Good luck!

canv_1234

Star Member
Aug 27, 2020
Awesome! Thats great

i was looking at the directions to give the test. PR card and couple of photo ids are good to give the test or we need more documentation?

Last edited:

mody2410

Star Member
Apr 25, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

Inputs appreciated!!
Did you receive the test invite email or you you did it without the email?

mody2410

Star Member
Apr 25, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have the same issue
My tracker says to do the test between September 23rd and October 14th
Today is the 23rd and no email?

canv_1234

Star Member
Aug 27, 2020
I got the email a couple of days before my start date. Having said that you dont need it. The links provided above will help.

once you are ready to prep for it, sign in follow the instructions and you are good to go.

There are good threads on notes for the prep here, utilize them and read the guide few time and give some mock tests. You should be all set with the prep

Gondal27

Star Member
Feb 1, 2020
I have the same issue
My tracker says to do the test between September 23rd and October 14th
Today is the 23rd and no email?
Hi
Did you get the email with test instructions? I am in the same boat. From today onward I am scheduled to take test from 29th October to 18th November but no email received so far . Did you get the email or you took it without receiving the email instructions?

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
Hi
Did you get the email with test instructions? I am in the same boat. From today onward I am scheduled to take test from 29th October to 18th November but no email received so far . Did you get the email or you took it without receiving the email instructions?
I did my test on Monday with no email. I did send an email to my local office to inform them. So far no email, and no update to my online tracker - I passed the test but it still says 'waiting on you'.

Gondal27

Star Member
Feb 1, 2020
I did my test on Monday with no email. I did send an email to my local office to inform them. So far no email, and no update to my online tracker - I passed the test but it still says 'waiting on you'.
Hi, How you knew about the local office and its email address when you didn't receive the email for test invite ?

zstream

Champion Member
May 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2014
Nomination.....
14-12-2014
AOR Received.
19-01-2015
Med's Request
11-03-2015
Med's Done....
15-03-2015
Passport Req..
14-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2015
Hi
I am in the same boat and my exam is on the same time frame. Not sure what to do.

Kfouad

Jan 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Yes
i read in the forum that some of who took the exam before the invitation were asked to Retake the exam even if they passed.