+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test at Glen Erin Mississauga next week..tips on interview

kentTO

Star Member
Jul 24, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Would anyone be willing to share on exactly what the questions were asked?

Are the questions simple questions, or hard tricky questions like the US border officers? I really hate the US border officer questions.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kentTO said:

Are the questions simple questions, or hard tricky questions like the US border officers? I really hate the US border officer questions.
What on earth are those questions?

Marky Mark

Sep 10, 2014
kentTO said:

Hi kentTO;

Why Kent!?, What questions do the USA border officers ask you (or have previously asked) that make you feel uncomfortable or hate towards any of them!?

Thanks for sharing & letting us know.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
As for the interview, no one can really say what they will ask because it's unique to each case. It could start with hello, move on to the weather, then your employment, future plans, etc. So you just need to be yourself, relax and know all there is to know about yourself (you filled out the application, so there is no reason you shouldn't know where you were born for instance... lol). Mind you the officer is also using this interview to assess your language skills i.e. whether you understand basic concepts and can communicate in English or French.

In my case, it started with hello and after she introduced herself, I told her I had heard a lot about her(good things) but never had a chance to put a face to the name (which is true). She asked for details and I told her it was through students she had helped in the past. Then we moved on and she said she'll need to see my PR card, healthcard, COPR, passports. She checked the entry/exit stamps and verified it against my residency calculator. Then she told me she'll ask some questions about my employment, and there were follow up questions. She also asked the date of my wedding and said she had no concerns and will sign off on my file. It ended with her telling me she's looking forward to seeing me at the oath. I was not nervous at all... the airport workers scare me more. lol

kentTO said:

kentTO

Star Member
Jul 24, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Marky Mark said:
Hi kentTO;

Why Kent!?, What questions do the USA border officers ask you (or have previously asked) that make you feel uncomfortable or hate towards any of them!?

Thanks for sharing & letting us know.
Just the attitude of the US officers at the US border when going into the USA... overall unfriendly chaps... have you not experienced it before?

LFer

Star Member
Jul 8, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadp said:
Guys,

I was on that morning batch 11th August 7.45 AM. About me, I know that I had passport stamping issue and Interviewer said that she would get my CBSA report and once it is satisified, I would be getting my oath letter. So I knew that I would not be getting it soon.

But I am surprised why everyone else did not get oath letter if they did not have any issue.

However, good luck to everyone.
canadp,

Any particular reason why you didn't bring the CBSA report with you to the interview? And do you think that if you had it with you it would have made the oath date closer?

canadp

Feb 25, 2009
California
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2009
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2010
LANDED..........
29-07-2010
LFer said:
canadp,

Any particular reason why you didn't bring the CBSA report with you to the interview? And do you think that if you had it with you it would have made the oath date closer?
Actually I did requested report from CBSA but they only send me entries which I specific asked for but did not send my all history. Unfortunately that was my mistake.

So I took that report to the interview and showed the officer but it was not worth because it was incomplete. So she said she will get complete report from CBSA again and after that my oath date will be given (provided that my all US- CANADA entries matches with my residency ).

You are absolutely correct. If I had that complete report, Officer was going to give me oath date right away with next batch because everything else was perfect.

I know that it will match so I am just waiting for my oath date.

canadp

Mohsin aziz

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
Toshib were u able to get travel records of your country as its difficult to get also did they ask you to get or they ordered directly