+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Test and Interview

Treetop

Jan 9, 2022
Hi everyone,

I received the notice about the in-person citizenship test. However, they require me to bring in all the original documents that support the citizenship application. I copied the list from my letter below:

To take the citizenship knowledge test and interview, you will need:

All your original documents that support your citizenship application
(as listed in the document checklist in the citizenship application form).

I am unsure about list 2, which requires original documents in the checklist. The checklist includes the below item, some of which I have mailed and don't have originals with me; what should I do now?

1. Application form CIT0002 (Mailed, don't have original one)
2. Physical presence calculation (I can print out one)
3. Photocopy of all the biographical pages (I can provide the original one)
4. Photocopy of proof of English (I can provide the original one)
5. Photocopy of two identification documents (I can provide the original one)
6. Two identical citizenship photos (Mailed, don't have original one)
7. Fee Receipt (I can print out one)

Appreciate anyone kindly help in this issue.

A_S

Star Member
Apr 29, 2014
Hi everyone,

I received the notice about the in-person citizenship test. However, they require me to bring in all the original documents that support the citizenship application. I copied the list from my letter below:

I am unsure about list 2, which requires original documents in the checklist. The checklist includes the below item, some of which I have mailed and don't have originals with me; what should I do now?

What is you timeline and processing office ? Is this you first attempt ? did you save the application form on your computer/drive before printing, if not suggest you fill up the form again as per what you submitted and take a photocopy to the interview and you should be fine.

Treetop

Jan 9, 2022
What is you timeline and processing office ? Is this you first attempt ? did you save the application form on your computer/drive before printing, if not suggest you fill up the form again as per what you submitted and take a photocopy to the interview and you should be fine.
Hi,

Thank you.
My application was returned before, and I submitted the original one, plus what they required for the missing information.

I have saved the whole application as a scanned copy. So I can just print out the scan copy would be fine.
What about the two photos? Do I need to retake a new one and bring it with me?

wink

May 25, 2021
Hi everyone,

It's weird... why would they ask for the application again? Are sure there is no tick mark against any specific document?

Treetop

Jan 9, 2022
It's weird... why would they ask for the application again? Are sure there is no tick mark against any specific document?
Hi,

Thank you for your kind reply.
My application was returned before due to being incomplete, and I resubmitted by using the same package, just updating the required information.

iceman55

May 1, 2022
May be this is the standard template letter for in-person citizenship tests they've always used before COVID? And I believe they used to have interviews right after the test. May be since no one has gotten this it in a while it looks unusual but it's probably the same as the online test and interview?

@Treetop what's the CIT number and the year/month (if available) on the bottom left part of the PDF document?
Also are you among the backlogged applicants from 2019/2020? They seem to get in person requests (possibly to complete their process sooner).

Treetop

Jan 9, 2022
May be this is the standard template letter for in-person citizenship tests they've always used before COVID? And I believe they used to have interviews right after the test. May be since no one has gotten this it in a while it looks unusual but it's probably the same as the online test and interview?

@Treetop what's the CIT number and the year/month (if available) on the bottom left part of the PDF document?
Also are you among the backlogged applicants from 2019/2020? They seem to get in person requests (possibly to complete their process sooner).
The CIT 0002 (10-2020), so Do I need to bring the form and online calculation with me again?

iceman55

May 1, 2022
The CIT 0002 (10-2020), so Do I need to bring the form and online calculation with me again?
CIT 0002 is the citizenship form.

I'm wondering what is the CIT number you have on the PDF attached to this test invite.

In all likelihood, it's a totally a normally request. Instead of an online test/interview, it's just physical that's seems to be it.

Treetop

Jan 9, 2022
CIT 0002 is the citizenship form.

I'm wondering what is the CIT number you have on the PDF attached to this test invite.

In all likelihood, it's a totally a normally request. Instead of an online test/interview, it's just physical that's seems to be it.
Did you mean the letter that I got today? It is CIT0611E (03/22)

A_S

Star Member
Apr 29, 2014
Did you mean the letter that I got today? It is CIT0611E (03/22)
Pre-covid there was no requirement for photos, however you never know as they keep revising rules. I personally think this is great news and you will be done with citizenship and interview on same day. Just for the piece of your mind get 2 photographs and be prepared with all documents so that they don't have any excuse for delay or additional review. Is your office Scarborough by Mississauga by chance ?

Reactions: iceman55

Treetop

Jan 9, 2022
Pre-covid there was no requirement for photos, however you never know as they keep revising rules. I personally think this is great news and you will be done with citizenship and interview on same day. Just for the piece of your mind get 2 photographs and be prepared with all documents so that they don't have any excuse for delay or additional review. Is your office Scarborough by Mississauga by chance ?
Thank you, my office is in Scarborough.
So from your advice, I would just print out the scan copies of the previously submitted application form and the online calculation form with me. Or do you think I need to fill out the new form and online calculation updated to as current date?
I will take 2 new photographs and the original documents.

A_S

Star Member
Apr 29, 2014
Thank you, my office is in Scarborough.
So from your advice, I would just print out the scan copies of the previously submitted application form and the online calculation form with me. Or do you think I need to fill out the new form and online calculation updated to as current date?
I will take 2 new photographs and the original documents.
No need to fill up anything, just the print the one you already submitted and carry all documents. Good Luck !