+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Test and Interview tips 2015 !!

shahmad

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
Hi Friends,

Those of you who have recently given the test and interview, please help and share your experiences and give valuable tips. It will be a great favour and help.

Citizenship test practice links ?
Documents and IDs to take with us on the test day and what not to take ?
Interview tips ?
Do we have to take the photocopy of the full passport along with the original or the officer will check the stamps from the original passport only?
Share anything that you experienced there and would like to highlight as "Dos and Donts" ?

If anyone has more questions, please ask ....

Thanks a million.

shahmad

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
One question : I was working all this time and was a permanent full time employee but just got laid off last month due to restructuring and shortage of business. Will this have any effect on the interview (next week) ? Has anyone been through the same situation ?

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shahmad said:
One question : I was working all this time and was a permanent full time employee but just got laid off last month due to restructuring and shortage of business. Will this have any effect on the interview (next week) ? Has anyone been through the same situation ?
It wont affect your application. You don't have to divulge the information by yourself that you got laid off. If they ask do not lie. Interview is very short and is to check your spoken english and documents pertaining to that four year period. if there is a criminal investigation pending or convicted then you have to declare that.

So in short you should be ok. Prepare for "tell me about yourself" and prepare in a way that you dont state that you are laid off now. Also do not lie in it. If you say you are laid off then they will ask how are you supporting yourself.

Slovan

Jun 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Read the book and be ready for the type of questions asked on free websites is the best tip. Role of prime minister, name of the booklet, first female MP - these are the recent questions asked. Several true or false questions and not necessarily multiple choice. All in all, one must really try to fail the test.

They ask to bring passports, PR card, CPR and two pieces of ID - this is what must be there. No need to bring anything just in case, because if there is a 'case', they will ask you for a hell more than you can think about.

During interview:
- When did you come to Canada?
- Do you work? What do you do?
- What is your address? What is the biggest street in the area? How big is your apartment? (here I told her I am still confusing the Canadian counting system, so just told her how many rooms there were and how small they were :))
- Tell me about your travelling history? ( I presented 3 passports, so she probably did not want to leaf through all of them attentively. There was a wrong date on one of the US stamps and one other minor inaccuracy in my dates. She did not seem interested.)

I finished the test first, got 20/20, so the lady congratulated me on that and told me she would try to expedite the oath thingy. The whole interview was not more than 5 minutes.
I was tested 23 July and the oath is 25 August.

Nah

Mar 26, 2015
Hi, Slovan. Did you sign a white paper while getting interview? it is white and with landscape side, I did not read it carefully then signed. Could you please tell me what is that for? Thank you

Slovan

Jun 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No, I did not sign a landscape paper, but all other papers I signed were white :)

One is prohibitions and the other one is certification that all information in the application is true and that I will notify CIC of any changes.

shahmad

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
Hi Everyone,

I am taking following docs with me for the interview. Please, let me know if I am missing something:

1- Test Invitation Paper
2- PR Card
3- Health Card
4- Driving License
5- Landing Paper
6- Passports with translations
7- NOA’s
8- UAE Visa Cancellation Letter (I was a UAE resident before I landed in Canada)
9- ROE (Previous Job)
10- Job Letter (Current Job)
11- All Original docs I attached with the application (University Degree + Transcript etc..)
12- Residence calculator Sheet