+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Test and Interview Advice?

codeguru

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
Hello Everyone,

Hope everyone is doing well. I have the Citizenship Test and Interview in a few days. Trying to learn as much as I can for the test. These historical dates put the anxiety in me. I am also doing the practice questions found online and preparing as much as I can.

From what I read, the test is made up of 20 multiple questions and is fairly easy if you have read 'Discover Canada' 2-3 times. Although I have heard the test has gotten more difficult lately.

My question:

1- What are the chances of the Citizenship Test involving questions from current provincial or federal affairs?

2- What kind of questions can be expected during the Interview? Is it just to test your language skills?

3- Anyone who has traveled a lot, were you asked about the stamps and trips?

4- Other than the documents specified in the invitation letter, are there any other documents that may be asked ?

5- Is there any other preparatory advice?

Thank you all for your help. Much appreciated.

Cheers

xylene

Apr 16, 2010
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-June-2010
Doc's Request.
05-Oct-2010
AOR Received.
07-Feb-2011
File Transfer...
In Process 24-May-2012
Med's Request
04-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
16-Sep-2013 | 28-Oct-2013 'Medical Received' line in eCAS
Passport Req..
PP reached NDVO on 19-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 23-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
Apr 2014
1. 2 to 3 questions. Mostly pretty straight forward. Like which party is governing the province you are living, or who the premier is. Or who the leader is for one of the major federal party etc
2. They could ask about the many travels you had. Or any clarification they need. Yes english language skills is also what they are looking for.
3. I had travel and they did ask why I traveled.. Pleasure or business
4.no
5. Don't get tensed up. The test is simple if you read the book. The interview and test would be done in less than an hour.

Reactions: codeguru

AbdelAllah

Aug 24, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In the test, please take translation of all stamps in any language other than English and French.
All the best.

~A

codeguru

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
1. 2 to 3 questions. Mostly pretty straight forward. Like which party is governing the province you are living, or who the premier is. Or who the leader is for one of the major federal party etc
2. They could ask about the many travels you had. Or any clarification they need. Yes english language skills is also what they are looking for.
3. I had travel and they did ask why I traveled.. Pleasure or business
4.no
5. Don't get tensed up. The test is simple if you read the book. The interview and test would be done in less than an hour.
Thank you for the prompt responses.
Regarding the travel and stamps- will questions be asked prior to the landing of PR if the dates include within the eligibility date range?
I did a bunch of business travels for a Canadian company while I was on a work permit. Then I did 1 'Business' and 2 'Personal' travels since becoming a PR

Im guessing the questions are all dependent on the officer and how clear my trips were I suppose?

What are your thought? Thank you. Much appreciated.

AbdelAllah

Aug 24, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for the prompt responses.
Regarding the travel and stamps- will questions be asked prior to the landing of PR if the dates include within the eligibility date range?
I did a bunch of business travels for a Canadian company while I was on a work permit. Then I did 1 'Business' and 2 'Personal' travels since becoming a PR

Im guessing the questions are all dependent on the officer and how clear my trips were I suppose?

What are your thought? Thank you. Much appreciated.
I would say they won't ask about any stamps prior landing stamp, however you should translate non-English non-French ones as the interviewer won't know if a stamp is before or after the landing stamp.
All the best.
~A

Reactions: codeguru