+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship RQ - Need help on filling CIT 0171

skhan123

Star Member
Sep 27, 2009
I think whatever you have you sent it with the RQ and explain the situation in the cover letter.

Yes I am sending all this with the RQ documents.

sapguru

Jul 16, 2010
Toronto
LANDED..........
16-08-2009
I don't understand CIC's intent on Q14 about - prior to relevant period, did you terminate your employment?

Secondly, in the proof section, they are not asking for any proof of employment / termination done outside Canada.

I am neither attaching any documentation as I don't have it now nor I don't intend to ask it from my employer 4 years ago.

I also spent 8 months (part of relevant period) in home country with out employment as I planned to spend time with family and build a retirement home for my parents, before relocated to Canada.

My focus on RQ response is to prove that I was in Canada for 3 of the 4 years of the relevant period.

SinghLovCan

Jul 21, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
dont know
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SAPGURU, what would be ideal for my situation, where I terminated the employment by sending an email resignation.. I was not getting release. They did not respond or acknowledge the resignation. So I just said "whatever" and bid them goodbye.

sapguru

Jul 16, 2010
Toronto
LANDED..........
16-08-2009
I personally think that CIC do not have means to check / validate any documentation outside the country. RQ is like a story and I think they like simple story with no twists. To create simple story, you may create your version of employment completion / relieving letter.

I don't have such employment letter either and I am not planning to seek one. I just trying to gather my documentation that I stayed in Canada.

I actually haven't understood why they want to know if I quit my job during the relevant period.

skhan123

Star Member
Sep 27, 2009
i think the main reason for this is to confirm that one has broken all the ties to the home/resident country before coming to Canada. People do (especially from middle east) that they come here in Canada get PR status and go back to earn petro $$$.

SinghLovCan

Jul 21, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
dont know
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sapguru said:
I personally think that CIC do not have means to check / validate any documentation outside the country. RQ is like a story and I think they like simple story with no twists. To create simple story, you may create your version of employment completion / relieving letter.
That could be called mis-interpretation, wether they can check or not check.. my principle is to not do anything dishonest.

sapguru said:
I don't have such employment letter either and I am not planning to seek one. I just trying to gather my documentation that I stayed in Canada.

I actually haven't understood why they want to know if I quit my job during the relevant period.
I think the reason they want to know is, is because if you have terminated your job or business.. then it becomes clear cut that you have been residing in Canada.

SinghLovCan

Jul 21, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
dont know
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
skhan123 said:
i think the main reason for this is to confirm that one has broken all the ties to the home/resident country before coming to Canada. People do (especially from middle east) that they come here in Canada get PR status and go back to earn petro $$$.
I have a better job here, better pay here. I have no reason to go back to M.E. to that silly job and work with silly , rude and religious bigots there.

sapguru

Jul 16, 2010
Toronto
LANDED..........
16-08-2009
SinghLovCan said:
I think the reason they want to know is, is because if you have terminated your job or business.. then it becomes clear cut that you have been residing in Canada.
Then they should specify the kind of documentation required to prove that one had a job before and then he/she quit it before moving. I find it bit silly and I have been complaining about it too :)

SinghLovCan

Jul 21, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
dont know
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sapguru, did you move from the ME.?

skhan123

Star Member
Sep 27, 2009
Hi Sapguru,
Are you explaining in the cover letter that why you left Canada in 2009 and come back in 2011?

sapguru

Jul 16, 2010
Toronto
LANDED..........
16-08-2009
I am just mentioning that I had returned to home country due to job and family reasons. I don't see a section where they are asking for an explanation on why I left Canada. I think as long as you lived in Canada for 3 out of 4 years, you are eligible to apply for Citizenship. I believe they cannot deny the Citizenship if you were vacationing/working outside Canada for the rest of the one year.

babiah

Apr 13, 2015
Hello Fellow Members !

I am filling out my RQ which is due in two days and have a question.

In Question 7 (Absences from Canada) if someone has visit multiple countries during the same trip how should that be explained.

I would really appreciate a quick answer

xxxx

janoo

May 16, 2014
You should write India/Pakistan/Dubai ( Bombay/Karachi/Dubai )

easy and fill and send by ups or fedex registered and get the signature of receiver

good luck.

babiah

Apr 13, 2015
Another point I am stuck on!

How to fill out no 11. My family was in the UK before arriving in Canada and they are British Citizens.

How will i fill in the following

Name :Status in Country where they reside-Date Status obtained outside Canada-Status in Canada-date status obtained in Canada

XXX

Please can anyone URGENTLY help me on this