+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship requirements

Puga75

Nov 26, 2019
Hi All,

I’m going to apply for Canadian citizenship. In the requirements it was requested that in the past 5 years after 1st landing if I or my family members have stayed more than 180 days in any country I have to provide police clearance certificate for all the adults.

My son just turned 18. When he was in another country with us after first landing he was minor.

kindly advise me is it required to take police clearance certificate for my son

Regards

AbdelAllah

Aug 24, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Bro,
In the minor checklist, it reads:

Original police certificates or clearances from each country or territory where your child was present for a total of 183 days or more while 14 years of
age and over in the four (4) years immediately before the date of your child's application

So if your son was 14 years or older in the 4 years just before your application, he should provide a police certificate.

All the best.
~A

Ladymarie

Star Member
Jul 1, 2020
Hi everyone, please I need your help around police certificate for my kid. He spent 250 days outside Canada after landing as PR. For most of the 250 days away, he was under 14yrs. After he turned 14, he spent only 95days before returning to Canada fully. Would he need to provide a police certificate? Thanks for all your feedbacks!