+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

citizenship rejection-days bafore PR could not been confirmed

ditucha

Mar 16, 2022
Hello,
I am looking for some advice in case someone has been through something similar. My citizenship application has been rejected and the reason they stated is they cannot confirm some or all days I spend in Canada as a temporary worker before becoming a permanent resident. I do not even do what it means. I know they only count half days etc. I thought they must have all the records with my visas and everything I checked my calculator and it matches my work permits. The only thing I noticed is when I obtained one work permit it was overlapping with the old one, but then I assumed when you get a new visa before the end of the old one it automatically switches to the new one. What should I do? Should I send them proof of my previous work permits and try to lose 900 dollars again just like that? Or call them but they sent my application back so I am assuming they cannot even look into it and tell me what exactly is the problem. Or is there any way to prove to them I was here? I have a long journey and i traveled a lot as well but I have all the dates so should they. Here is the link to the letter we received. please help

Reactions: gracemill

Swift Turtle

Dec 29, 2020
Hello,
I am looking for some advice in case someone has been through something similar. My citizenship application has been rejected and the reason they stated is they cannot confirm some or all days I spend in Canada as a temporary worker before becoming a permanent resident. I do not even do what it means. I know they only count half days etc. I thought they must have all the records with my visas and everything I checked my calculator and it matches my work permits. The only thing I noticed is when I obtained one work permit it was overlapping with the old one, but then I assumed when you get a new visa before the end of the old one it automatically switches to the new one. What should I do? Should I send them proof of my previous work permits and try to lose 900 dollars again just like that? Or call them but they sent my application back so I am assuming they cannot even look into it and tell me what exactly is the problem. Or is there any way to prove to them I was here? I have a long journey and i traveled a lot as well but I have all the dates so should they. Here is the link to the letter we received. please help
At what stage of the application process did you receive this letter?

wksj

Oct 7, 2021
It seems like your application was not put into processing, so your money should still be refundable. You will not accomplish anything by calling because those agents have zero power to do anything.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Hello,
Your application was rejected or returned? There is a huge difference. If it's rejected after it's opened, they would send you a letter for their intention to reject your file to give you a chance. If it's retuned to you, you can start over with the same fees receipt and state clearly the parts you think they didn't get right. I doubt they cannot see the new work permit details and the overlapping part because all have the same UCI, but you say the problem is this, so explain this in your new application.

Swift Turtle

Dec 29, 2020
My understanding is that physical presence is usually assessed at a very advanced stage of the application, usually after the test. So I find this letter very weird.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
My understanding is that physical presence is usually assessed at a very advanced stage of the application, usually after the test. So I find this letter very weird.
A somewhat-informed guess: I think this was some kind of manifest error on the part of the applicant.

The bolded part of the text is likely a clue (but I can't be certain), to wit that "only the five years before the date of application can be counted."

At any rate for the applicant @ditucha - look at your dates very carefully now. Since a bit less than 90 days have passed since you applied, and you were counting half-days before, you may have clearly met the total required by now. Eg it's probable that if you were close to the total before (as you'd indicated 1148 days), that 90 full days replacing ~180 half days would mean whatever error you had before may no longer be an issue.

So repeat: check your totals again. If this overlap work permit issue you refer to (didnt' understand that) disappears, all the better.

ditucha

Mar 16, 2022
Ok
It seems like your application was not put into processing, so your money should still be refundable. You will not accomplish anything by calling because those agents have zero power to do anything.
If there is no chance they would do anything how can I find out what the problem is or how many days I am short? I am very positive I have all the days I need. I have proof of my temporary working visa and everything And if you think i can refund my money how?In the bottom there is statement that i can try to apply again but have to do everything over again and pay all the fees

ditucha

Mar 16, 2022
Your application was rejected or returned? There is a huge difference. If it's rejected after it's opened, they would send you a letter for their intention to reject your file to give you a chance. If it's returned to you, you can start over with the same fees receipt and state clearly the parts you think they didn't get right. I doubt they cannot see the new work permit details and the overlapping part because all have the same UCI, but you say the problem is this, so explain this in your new application.
It was returned I guess. They just sent everything back with this letter. Also, it was the application for me and my husband and they sent his back too, but it seems like there was no problem on his side, or did not even check his application and just sent both back which is even more disappointing....

dt12

Star Member
Sep 6, 2017
They spent time to go over your app so that cost money. Just apply fresh with new fees.

ditucha

Mar 16, 2022
A somewhat-informed guess: I think this was some kind of manifest error on the part of the applicant.

The bolded part of the text is likely a clue (but I can't be certain), to wit that "only the five years before the date of application can be counted."

At any rate for the applicant @ditucha - look at your dates very carefully now. Since a bit less than 90 days have passed since you applied, and you were counting half-days before, you may have clearly met the total required by now. Eg it's probable that if you were close to the total before (as you'd indicated 1148 days), that 90 full days replacing ~180 half days would mean whatever error you had before may no longer be an issue.

So repeat: check your totals again. If this overlap work permit issue you refer to (didnt' understand that) disappears, all the better.
Thank you i will try and you are suggesting just sending it all back with a new calculator just the way it was before? Even when they stated in the paper i have to do it and pay it all over again? I know it is bit confusing but my start in Canada was very busy had a working holiday visa for a year and then got young professionals but I went to activate the young prof. A few days before the old one expired, so the dates on my papers are overlapping. Does it make sense or not at all? Then i have a little gap between young professional and LMIA which I think should not be a problem either i just left the gap there...And some traveling which i put there as i did when i applied for my PR...

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thank you i will try and you are suggesting just sending it all back with a new calculator just the way it was before?
I would suggest starting over FIRST by re-doing the days present calculation and seeing if it is clearer and makes more sense. (As well as checking what you did previously and also see if you can idnetify the error - first of which is did your previous one actually cover exactly five years)/

First things first. Figure this out first.

Reactions: ditucha

ditucha

Mar 16, 2022
They spent time to go over your app so that cost money. Just apply fresh with new fees.
[/QUO
I would but how do I know there will not be the same problem again? They did not tell me any number so I do not know how many more days they want from me...so sending 700 dollars with new app and 50\50 percent chance there will be the same issue is not something I want to do.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I would but how do I know there will not be the same problem again? They did not tell me any number so I do not know how many more days they want from me...so sending 700 dollars with new app and 50\50 percent chance there will be the same issue is not something I want to do.
They didn't sent you back the fees receipt?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Again: re-do your calculation now, from scratch. There's at least a possibilitiy you will discover what the error or confusion was if you re-do it, using today's information.

No-one can tell you from a distance what it is. It's like an error with a problem set - start over, read the instructions again, try slightly different inputs and hopefully you will see where the error crept in.

Or possibly in your case you will see that you get to 1095+ with far fewer half days and a much cleaner application without these overlaps or whatever you were referring to.