+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship question

Dalboy1980

Jan 21, 2016
Hi All

Hope you can help, once the test has been completed....how sooner do you then take the oath ceremony once you have successfully completed the test?

Also if unforeseen circs arise....can the test be postponed at all?

Also if we move address if this relatively straight forward to notify them?

Thanks
Dal

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
1) Some people get a test in the morning and an oath in the afternoon. But that's mostly for people leaving hundreds of kilometers from the closest IRCC office.

2) It can be postponed once. A second miss means your application is abandoned.

3) It can be done via the website, but takes some time (usually 2 weeks) to show up on your account.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi All

Hope you can help, once the test has been completed....how sooner do you then take the oath ceremony once you have successfully completed the test?

Also if unforeseen circs arise....can the test be postponed at all?

Also if we move address if this relatively straight forward to notify them?

Thanks
Dal
Sometimes it can be months between test and oath. You need to be very flexible.

Dalboy1980

Jan 21, 2016
1) Some people get a test in the morning and an oath in the afternoon. But that's mostly for people leaving hundreds of kilometers from the closest IRCC office.

2) It can be postponed once. A second miss means your application is abandoned.

3) It can be done via the website, but takes some time (usually 2 weeks) to show up on your account.
Many Thanks for the answers!

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
You're welcome!
But at @zardoz said, it can take a long time between test and oath. I just listed the soonest (and very unlikely for 99.9% of people) possibility :)
In practice, pass the test, then forget about it until you receive a new mail from them :)

Dalboy1980

Jan 21, 2016
You're welcome!
But at @zardoz said, it can take a long time between test and oath. I just listed the soonest (and very unlikely for 99.9% of people) possibility :)
In practice, pass the test, then forget about it until you receive a new mail from them :)
Thank you and one final question, the police clearance cert, I need to get one for myself and my wife as we resided in the UK just over 3.5 years ago, I'm assuming it can't be older than 6 months old.....I mean from when we receive it to when we are putting in the application?