+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship: Proof of English or French Ability Documents

phillyphil

Jun 26, 2012
Hello,

I have a question about one of the required documents for the Citizenship application. The Proof of English or French Language Ability

As part of the documents required for the Citizenship application I am wondering if I can present both my CELPIP (Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program) and IELTS (International English Language Testing System) [I know that both are third party tests that are acceptable by IRCC] however I wonder if presenting more than one test is OK?

My second question is; does the “Band Score” in my IELTS or my CELPIP score matter? (My scores are good, English is my first language, but it did not increase my Express Entry points by much when I was working on my PR application)

Once again, thank you in advance for your responses.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hello,

I have a question about one of the required documents for the Citizenship application. The Proof of English or French Language Ability

As part of the documents required for the Citizenship application I am wondering if I can present both my CELPIP (Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program) and IELTS (International English Language Testing System) [I know that both are third party tests that are acceptable by IRCC] however I wonder if presenting more than one test is OK?

My second question is; does the “Band Score” in my IELTS or my CELPIP score matter? (My scores are good, English is my first language, but it did not increase my Express Entry points by much when I was working on my PR application)

Once again, thank you in advance for your responses.
1. You only need 1. Submit your IELTs . Yes, you have to score "To become a citizen, you need to meet the Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB) Level 4 or higher."

phillyphil

Jun 26, 2012
Hi

1. You only need 1. Submit your IELTs . Yes, you have to score "To become a citizen, you need to meet the Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB) Level 4 or higher."
Hi PMM. Thanks for your reply. I am CLB 7 so I will definitely be using my IELTS.

Thanks again!!.