Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
May 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May 2014
LANDED..........
July 2014
hello, I will like to know how long it takes to process citizenship application. I have heard it takes a year sometimes less than a year. can anyone shed more light on this please. Thanks

Fhaider

Star Member
May 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Divine Favour said:
hello, I will like to know how long it takes to process citizenship application. I have heard it takes a year sometimes less than a year. can anyone shed more light on this please. Thanks
On website the normal processing time is 12 months. But on average it's taking around 5-7 months. I saw a case on this forum where an applicant went through the process in less than 3 months.

Divine Favour

Star Member
Feb 22, 2014
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
Dec 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 2014
Med's Done....
Nov 2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
May 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May 2014
LANDED..........
July 2014
:eek: 12months? ok thanks

Blueboy1980

Star Member
Feb 8, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Divine Favour said:
I sent my application off in Mid January and have my oath on the 26th of this month. So mine took 3 months

tameraq

Star Member
Mar 20, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Blueboy1980 said:
I sent my application off in Mid January and have my oath on the 26th of this month. So mine took 3 months
you must have european passport. correct?

satoutor

Apr 6, 2017
Blueboy1980 said:
Blueboy are u taking ur oath at 8:30? If yes we are in the same ceremony (Ottawa)

satoutor

Apr 6, 2017
tameraq said:
you must have european passport. correct?
People in this forum seems very confused about this. Let me tell you something : if you are from Europe or the moon it doesn't matter or change anything. I am an "Arab country" passport holder and I have lived in different countries, I sent my application by mid end of January and started processing around 19 February and got decision made on mars 9 (1 day after test).

Your application will got fast or slow depending on the following thing:
- did u work/study all the time u was in Canada or was you on social benefits? ( if you have gaps expect your application to take longer)
-do you have a post grad education?
-do u have a security clearance ( in my case I have one level secret)?
- are u willing to stay in Canada ( if u traveled for continuous period of more than 4 months outside Canada without strong reasons (business...) this raise questions)

Blueboy1980

Star Member
Feb 8, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Everyones situation is different. Website says 12 months however my whole application too just over 3 months.

tameraq

Star Member
Mar 20, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
satoutor said:
People in this forum seems very confused about this. Let me tell you something : if you are from Europe or the moon it doesn't matter or change anything. I am an "Arab country" passport holder and I have lived in different countries, I sent my application by mid end of January and started processing around 19 February and got decision made on mars 9 (1 day after test).

Your application will got fast or slow depending on the following thing:
- did u work/study all the time u was in Canada or was you on social benefits? ( if you have gaps expect your application to take longer)
-do you have a post grad education?
-do u have a security clearance ( in my case I have one level secret)?
- are u willing to stay in Canada ( if u traveled for continuous period of more than 4 months outside Canada without strong reasons (business...) this raise questions)
what you mentioned above is all correct except for one thing that I doubt. if you have European passport it will help your application get processed faster. if you have a moon passport thats even better.

satoutor

Apr 6, 2017
tameraq said:
what you mentioned above is all correct except for one thing that I doubt. if you have European passport it will help your application get processed faster. if you have a moon passport thats even better.
The only reasons why some European passport goes faster ( I said some), is that their country of origin have an advanced (digital) system in place to verify personal records (criminal, background ect...) quickly whereas some other countries have no digital record (only paper/hardcopies Lips sealed)

Also what cic office are you with?

Stef.

Apr 5, 2017
satoutor said:
The only reasons why some European passport goes faster ( I said some), is that their country of origin have an advanced (digital) system in place to verify personal records (criminal, background ect...) quickly whereas some other countries have no digital record (only paper/hardcopies Lips sealed)

Also what cic office are you with?
I am wondering, do they really do another criminal background check? Haven't they done all of this when you applied for your permanent resident card?
Stef.

satoutor

Apr 6, 2017
Stef. said:
I am wondering, do they really do another criminal background check? Haven't they done all of this when you applied for your permanent resident card?
Stef.
Everything have its expiry dates even a security clearance. So yes probably they will have to redo the background check (exception apply if you have done it in the past 2 years because you volunteered or part of a job requirement)

Stef.

Apr 5, 2017
satoutor said:
Everything have its expiry dates even a security clearance. So yes probably they will have to redo the background check (exception apply if you have done it in the past 2 years because you volunteered or part of a job requirement)
Yes that they check you records in Canada is understandable, but the original poster referred to European passports, so my question was related to, do. they check again you criminal records in foreign countries? On of the requirements for the application was to submit a police record from every country where you spent more than 180 days in the past six years?
Anyhow, no concerns here.
Stef.

geger

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar-Senegal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..