Star Member
Jan 11, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mississauga
LANDED..........
29-06-2014
as schools are closed how do we get school record information for Kids? any inputs?

Thanks,
Vinay
Yes you can. I got mine yesterday. Just send the school an email requesting your child's student profile. It must show full name, DOB and photograph. They will send you a pdf document for you to download and print at home.

vinayreddy

Star Member
Nov 10, 2019
Yes you can. I got mine yesterday. Just send the school an email requesting your child's student profile. It must show full name, DOB and photograph. They will send you a pdf document for you to download and print at home.
Thank you. any idea what is the exact file name we need to ask for ? is it student profile?

Sque

Star Member
Jan 11, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mississauga
LANDED..........
29-06-2014
Reactions: vinayreddy

preethy.wils

Star Member
Jan 29, 2013
Update for citizenship photo from Ottawa.

I went to Shoppers Drug Mart. None of their stores take photos due to instructions from Head Office and temporary removal of non essential services directive.

I called up the UPS head office - They said all UPS stores in Canada are able to take photos. Was asked to call stores to find if they do it now.
I called 5 UPS stores here. They either don't have a photo kiosk or have discontinued their photo services. Of these, only one store in downtown had a photo kiosk though.

Walmart and Costco stopped taking photos even before Shoppers stopped.

I have run out of options. Does anyone know from where I can get a photo taken? Anyone from Ottawa? Any ideas?

Rsrv

Mar 25, 2016
@preethy.wils I was planning to send out my application this week. So I called this place at the Passport Office (Service Canada building) in Scarborough, ON to get my photos taken today. The lady there said they were closed and suggested that I wait out till May 15 because photos with the current date might cause an issue with the officials as we have been asked to stay put. It does make sense considering photo centres are not essential services.

There are some pro passport photo locations around but they had no/low reviews. I don't want to risk my application for that.

bobbyputhenveettil

Star Member
Dec 31, 2012
India
Category........
Visa Office......
SOWP online, Canada visa office-bangalore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2015
Med's Request
02-06-2015
Med's Done....
05-06-2015
Passport Req..
16-06-2015 submitted on 18-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
07-07-2015
parents are also applying for citizenship and I just have a doubt that I filled application for minor 5(2) -CIT0003 is that the right application? I see some is asking for school records. I did nt find any thing like that on my application. is that the right application for me?

bobbyputhenveettil

Star Member
Dec 31, 2012
India
Category........
Visa Office......
SOWP online, Canada visa office-bangalore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2015
Med's Request
02-06-2015
Med's Done....
05-06-2015
Passport Req..
16-06-2015 submitted on 18-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
07-07-2015
do we need to stick all the photos in the application or just to keep in an envelope? need studio stamp, name of applicant , date of photo taken should be there in the back of the photo?

nufern

Mar 8, 2017
Update for citizenship photo from Ottawa.

I went to Shoppers Drug Mart. None of their stores take photos due to instructions from Head Office and temporary removal of non essential services directive.

I called up the UPS head office - They said all UPS stores in Canada are able to take photos. Was asked to call stores to find if they do it now.
I called 5 UPS stores here. They either don't have a photo kiosk or have discontinued their photo services. Of these, only one store in downtown had a photo kiosk though.

Walmart and Costco stopped taking photos even before Shoppers stopped.

I have run out of options. Does anyone know from where I can get a photo taken? Anyone from Ottawa? Any ideas?
If you still haven't done it, then you can do it at 1996photolab. They have couple of locations in Ottawa. You just need to make an appointment and go. I did it today and super easy and safe. It was 25$. http://1996photolab.com/

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
do we need to stick all the photos in the application or just to keep in an envelope? need studio stamp, name of applicant , date of photo taken should be there in the back of the photo?
Crystal clear in the application guide.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html#Step3
  • include two (2) identical citizenship photos
  • print the Citizenship Photo Specifications page and take it to a photographer to make sure you get the correct size photo
  • don’t staple, glue or otherwise attach the photo directly to the application.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
parents are also applying for citizenship and I just have a doubt that I filled application for minor 5(2) -CIT0003 is that the right application? I see some is asking for school records. I did nt find any thing like that on my application. is that the right application for me?
School records is an example of what could be used as personal identification for the child.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0003-application-canadian-citizenship-minors-under-18-years.html

Two (2) pieces of the child’s personal identification

Both pieces of identification should show your child’s name and date of birth, one of which must have a photo on it.

Examples include:
  • school record
  • health insurance card
If there is information on both sides of your child’s personal identification documents, provide a photocopy of both sides.

For a child under school age, identification such as:
  • a passport page containing their photo and personal details, or
  • a hospital or immunization record, may be provided
Format: Clear and legible photocopy

Note: You cannot use your child’s permanent resident card as identification.

The link to the 'correct' application form can be found here