+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Photo requirement

dreamerchant

Mar 23, 2015
Hi Guys. I'm applying for citizenship. For Photo, do I need to print my name and date of birth behind the photo?

Thanks.

.Steve

Sep 9, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can handwrite with a pen.
I did the same and my application was accepted.

Please make sure you have all the details highlighted below and you should be good.

Requirements
•Provide two (2) identical citizenship photographs (except Renunciation applications, where only one (1) photo is required.)
•Your photographs must comply with the specifications below. If the photographs do not meet the specifications, you will have to provide new photographs before your application can be processed.
•Photographs must be printed on quality photographic paper.
•Provide the name of the photographer or the studio, the studio address and the date the photos were taken on the back of the photos
•Print the name of the person on the back of the photos.

.Steve

Sep 9, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fortesquieu said:
What will happen if I forgot to print my name?
If you are single applicant it should not matter...
Only time that could be a problem if you have kids who look similar ages and they cannot distinguish who picture belongs to which applicant.

skekk

Star Member
Mar 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fortesquieu said:
What will happen if I forgot to print my name?
I've sent my photos without my name on Dec 14th. Soon we'll know :)

KRP

Jan 13, 2012
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
01/02/2011
I am wondering the same too I sent my photos without my name. I see most people dont have issue and the application is getting processed.
IF you are single applicant then its fine. If you have send family application then most likely they could return the entire package. This is the reason one needs to cross check each and every requirement at least thrice before sending it across.

Haniel

Feb 21, 2015
You can handwrite with a pen.
I did the same and my application was accepted.

Please make sure you have all the details highlighted below and you should be good.

Requirements
•Provide two (2) identical citizenship photographs (except Renunciation applications, where only one (1) photo is required.)
•Your photographs must comply with the specifications below. If the photographs do not meet the specifications, you will have to provide new photographs before your application can be processed.
•Photographs must be printed on quality photographic paper.
•Provide the name of the photographer or the studio, the studio address and the date the photos were taken on the back of the photos
•Print the name of the person on the back of the photos.
Hi,

Could you please let me know if I need to indicate the required information on the both photos? I visited the photographer today and was trying to persuade me that only one photo is supposed to be with their stamp and the other one empty.
thanks in advance.

RJ2020

Oct 29, 2020
Should we write our name on the back of the photos by pen? or should it be printed by the photographer?