+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Online Applications for Minors - Now OPEN

ccaallvviinn

Star Member
Sep 13, 2019
I had also used the passport bio page and PR card which didn't work. So I will do as @gaillimh_abú did as mentioned above and see how that goes.
Thank you for the reply! Please keep us posted, as the discrepancy between the online application instruction and the paper application instruction may hopefully be resolved... I noticed that a 'foreign identity documents' is also acceptable. So, we can submit the bio page of the passport and another foreign identify document, like a foreign national ID card?

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Thank you for the reply! Please keep us posted, as the discrepancy between the online application instruction and the paper application instruction may hopefully be resolved... I noticed that a 'foreign identity documents' is also acceptable. So, we can submit the bio page of the passport and another foreign identify document, like a foreign national ID card?
That's what it says so your guess is as good as mine if it will satisfy their requirements. Since their online requirements aren't realistic expecting minors to have a CDN photo ID piece apart from their PR card.

ccaallvviinn

Star Member
Sep 13, 2019
That's what it says so your guess is as good as mine if it will satisfy their requirements. Since their online requirements aren't realistic expecting minors to have a CDN photo ID piece apart from their PR card.
Thank you! Hopefully, like what the online application instruction added as compared to paper instruction, PR card can be accepted as ID in citizenship application.

rockstarcg90

Star Member
Dec 6, 2022
We just had our app returned yesterday for the same reason. Do you know if that is going to work or it is a wait and see situation? Or how did you determine that will be ok, in Ontario our health card doesn't have a photo either. You are right about the bonkers part.
Just for clarity, i'm applying under section 5(2) - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/application-canadian-citizenship-minors.html

does the same restriction apply here because I do not see anything mentioned specifically on the above link?

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Just for clarity, i'm applying under section 5(2) - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/application-canadian-citizenship-minors.html

does the same restriction apply here because I do not see anything mentioned specifically on the above link?
Down on that page you will see links for the instruction guide and doc checklist, have a look at those for the more detailed explanation of the docs required.

gaillimh_abú

Dec 9, 2020
Manitoba
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
11-06-2020
Or how did you determine that will be ok
Will just have to see if they accept it, no response yet. I'm pretty confident though - the paper requirements have been around a long time and are more comprehensively described. Online minor application is new. I also used the feedback form to point out the issue.

Reactions: Canada2020eh

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Will just have to see if they accept it, no response yet. I'm pretty confident though - the paper requirements have been around a long time and are more comprehensively described. Online minor application is new. I also used the feedback form to point out the issue.
Thanks, I will do something similar to that. Especially the feedback form!!

rockstarcg90

Star Member
Dec 6, 2022
Based on what I read and I understood is that it says only one ID needs to have Photo of the minor. So, if we submit travel document (passport) which will have photo then the secondary id can be health card or school record. For additional supportive documents we can may be submit PR card.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Based on what I read and I understood is that it says only one ID needs to have Photo of the minor. So, if we submit travel document (passport) which will have photo then the secondary id can be health card or school record. For additional supportive documents we can may be submit PR card.
That's what the paper app says, the online says 2 photo ID, that's why our apps were returned. Will try it again with the non photo health card.

jiaojidengdai

Dec 23, 2021
Currently online, the first ID only has passport and PR card as 2 options, if the first ID is PR card, then the second ID will have school record, health card and immunization record, this is a single choice. If you choose PR card for the first one, you can't choose passport, so is it ok to have PR card+school records? Although the school records don't have a photo, the original requirement says that it's ok as long as one of the IDs has a photo?

rockstarcg90

Star Member
Dec 6, 2022
I just submitted for my daughter online, Passport and Health card is what I have provided. Let's see if they accept. Additional I have provided School report and PR Card

rockstarcg90

Star Member
Dec 6, 2022
Also, does anybody know how it looks like once the minor application is approved? I opted for no ceremony and e-cert? so how will PR card cut happens?