+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Online Application- Immigration and Citizenship Status Query

Anand83

Star Member
Nov 22, 2020
Immigration and Citizenship Status:
"Do you currently, or have you ever held immigration or citizenship status in a country or territory other than Canada?"

Question: I currently hold a valid US B1/B2 Visa, Do I need to mention "Yes" and declare that visa under?

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
You can if you want, but strictly speaking, IRCC doesn't care about the visas you only used for tourism. It won't change anything in your application whether to do it or not.
Didn't list the exact same visa in my own application, and it went as smoothly as possible...

Reactions: Anand83

Anand83

Star Member
Nov 22, 2020
You can if you want, but strictly speaking, IRCC doesn't care about the visas you only used for tourism. It won't change anything in your application whether to do it or not.
Didn't list the exact same visa in my own application, and it went as smoothly as possible...
Thanks a lot for your quick response.
What confusing me here was below snippet from IRCC guide regarding this question

• Tell us which countries you have held status in, and exactly what status you held or currently hold (student, employment/worker, visitor, refugee/protected person, permanent resident or citizen).

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Thanks a lot for your quick response.
What confusing me here was below snippet from IRCC guide regarding this question

• Tell us which countries you have held status in, and exactly what status you held or currently hold (student, employment/worker, visitor, refugee/protected person, permanent resident or citizen).
B1/B2 does not grant you immigration or citizenship status. I skipped it without any issues. You can add if you want. Adding or skipping has no impact.

Reactions: Anand83