+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship oath

Karen_K

Jul 14, 2015
Hello all,

I am new to this board.
who else is present during the citizenship test, oath and interview besides the citizenship judge? Will the MLA or any political person be there and if so who is likely to be there?

agp2176

Oct 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My MP has told me that he will attend my ceremony if I call his office in advance and if parliament is not in session. No word from my MLA.

Its a nice gesture. Too bad I won't vote for either when I can vote ;D

Tony

cedarjet

Star Member
Mar 13, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Karen_K said:
Hello all,

I am new to this board.
who else is present during the citizenship test, oath and interview besides the citizenship judge? Will the MLA or any political person be there and if so who is likely to be there?
I have no idea if MLA or whoever attends. But I don't see why this would affect your application, even if MLA is harassing you. Anyway, maybe you should get some legal help regarding your situation :/

Candoes

Star Member
May 26, 2013
Hello there,

Read your original(full story) before the end part the admin deleted .
Can't affect your citizenship and I don't think any of them will be there :)). ;)

Karen_K said:
Hello all,

I am new to this board.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Citizenship test and interview - no one is there except applicants & CIC officers

Oath of citizenship - not possible to know in advance which dignitaries will be present, but at minimum, the citizenship judge and one RCMP officer(who stands behind the Judge) will be present. As long as you meet the requirements and say the oath that day (very important), it should go well.

For mine, the Immigration Minister, Judge, RCMP officer, head of regional police and one Lieutenant were there.

I did not read your original post, but if you feel harassed or fear for your life, report it to police.

Karen_K said:
Hello all,

I am new to this board.