+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Oath Wait for Hamilton Office

babygirl1310

Jul 16, 2011
Hi everyone,
I was wondering if anyone has any information as to a timeline on Oath ceremony for Hamilton. I wrote my test on January 15th 2014 and Im still waiting an a letter. I know its still early but i have been reading some topics an ppl from Toronto an Mississauga have written the test an gotten the ceremony the same mth. What is the problem with Hamilton office.
Now I was checking the CIC website for a listing of ceremony dates an there is a lot coming up for the next couple mths but no letter for me. I called the CIC office an i got the same run around wait a couple mths an when i ask how come other cities are so quick but Hamilton is so slow, my answer i got was this is just information line. Like come on is information i want :mad:
If anyone has any info about Hamilton plz share I am so tired of waiting and seeing progress elsewhere than here.

Thanks

kmann11

Feb 24, 2014
I have been waiting since Nov 28, 2013 when i wrote my test!!! Its so frustrating, passed my test with 20/20. When I call the call centre, they say it will come before May 28th, that is 6 months after writing the test. Any one else who wrote the test along those dates?

babygirl1310

Jul 16, 2011
kmann11 said:
I have been waiting since Nov 28, 2013 when i wrote my test!!! Its so frustrating, passed my test with 20/20. When I call the call centre, they say it will come before May 28th, that is 6 months after writing the test. Any one else who wrote the test along those dates?

Are you from hamilton area also....I was hoping to travel in March but I guess it may not happ not since u have been waiting so long

kmann11

Feb 24, 2014
Yea I am from Hamilton area too, and was planning to travel first in february, now in March (pending oath ceremony ofcourse). I am getting more and more impatient with every passing day.

wayne_vega

Star Member
Feb 15, 2014
babygirl1310 said:
Hi everyone,
I was wondering if anyone has any information as to a timeline on Oath ceremony for Hamilton. I wrote my test on January 15th 2014 and Im still waiting an a letter. I know its still early but i have been reading some topics an ppl from Toronto an Mississauga have written the test an gotten the ceremony the same mth. What is the problem with Hamilton office.
Now I was checking the CIC website for a listing of ceremony dates an there is a lot coming up for the next couple mths but no letter for me. I called the CIC office an i got the same run around wait a couple mths an when i ask how come other cities are so quick but Hamilton is so slow, my answer i got was this is just information line. Like come on is information i want :mad:
If anyone has any info about Hamilton plz share I am so tired of waiting and seeing progress elsewhere than here.

Thanks
Were you RQd?
Don't forget that a routine application has a minimum 24 month long process.
If other people have been getting it done in far less time, it must be for a reason. There might not be enough officers to keep up with the demand or who knows what. In the big city there are obviously way more applicants and the need for more officers and offices.
Noone should be making traveling plans when you are on the last step.
But if you can't wait to travel, then roll the dice and see what happens.
That's what I would do.

I wouldn't be surprised if the letter arrives today or tomorrow. More often that not, that's how it goes.
Keep up the good spirits everybody, carry on with your lives and the wait will be easier to cope with.
Best of luck,
Vega.

babygirl1310

Jul 16, 2011
:D day no letter keeping my fingers crossed I hope I get a letter for one of the upcoming oath ceremony...they have one on the 11th....two on the 25th of march. There is one on the 4th but I know I'm not in use that batch....well anyone gets there letter first let us know ok guys :D

babygirl1310

Jul 16, 2011
So fed up an tired of waiting its so disappointing to see other ppl get their letters before me even when they write their test after me all my plans have been ruined this is so frustrating...I try not to think about it and go on normal everyday but it's hard....anyone out there feeling the same :mad:

shaikat

Star Member
Oct 24, 2013
wrote test on jan 28th in Hamilton...was told last week of feb...that passed and now on march....nothing for me yet....so paranoid for a RQ.

babygirl1310

Jul 16, 2011
shaikat said:
wrote test on jan 28th in Hamilton...was told last week of feb...that passed and now on march....nothing for me yet....so paranoid for a RQ.
What's an RQ?....is that something required before u get the letter of oath

babygirl1310

Jul 16, 2011
Okay I definitely didn't need an RQ...my application was routine..I jus hope we get it soon so much of my plans were screwed up an I'm so disappointed....

shaikat

Star Member
Oct 24, 2013
our cj is responsible for 2 offices...one is Niagara and another is Hamilton....I think he is part time.

wayne_vega

Star Member
Feb 15, 2014
Hence the saying "don't count your eggs until they hatch".
People get RQs even after the test instead of receiving the oath invitation letter.
I'm all aware and won't be shocked if I do get an RQ.
And definitely not making any traveling plans or worse yet, whine about other people's applications and successes.

babygirl1310

Jul 16, 2011
True... :p but it helps me feel better lol
But Mr Vega u can't honestly tell me that it doesn't eat u up inside at times when u don't know where u stand an others are moving ahead.
Well keep me updated on if anyone gets their letter