+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Oath - Rescheduling

Afro-1989

Mar 28, 2023
Hi all
I asked to rescheduled my oath (initial date was first week of April). I came back in May and forwarded my boarding passes to the Mississauga office. It’s been almost more than 3 months and I haven’t heard back from IRCC. Did anyone have any luck rescheduling recently? Specifically with the Mississauga office?
Thanks in advance

sohrabp

Star Member
Jan 26, 2019
I had the same situation. Mine was scheduled April 26th then they went on Strike and reschedule me for May 10th. I asked them to reschedule me due to the trip I had. My return date was July 3rd and I started sending emails from July 4th. I called them and the agent told me they acknowledged my return. 10 days later I saw my tracker is updated with the new date. I received the email yesterday. suggestion: Email the original office that processed your application not the ceremony office.

Miharbi

Star Member
Apr 11, 2018
Toronto
Category........
Other
Same situation, had to travel in February and missed our Oath (February 21). Shared proof of return when we got back (March 5) and got the autoreply. I sent a webform inquiry once a month since and the only response i got was something along the lines of "keep monitoring your inbox and a new invite will be sent to you when it is rescheduled"

Miharbi

Star Member
Apr 11, 2018
Toronto
Category........
Other
I had the same situation. Mine was scheduled April 26th then they went on Strike and reschedule me for May 10th. I asked them to reschedule me due to the trip I had. My return date was July 3rd and I started sending emails from July 4th. I called them and the agent told me they acknowledged my return. 10 days later I saw my tracker is updated with the new date. I received the email yesterday. suggestion: Email the original office that processed your application not the ceremony office.
My ceremony office is Mississauga, how can i find out which office processed my application?

EDIT: found this in our GCMS notes: Primary Office: CPC Sydney Secondary Office: Mississauga IRCC . Never got any emails from CPC Sydney, does anyone have their email address?

anksyahoo

May 4, 2020
My ceremony office is Mississauga, how can i find out which office processed my application?

EDIT: found this in our GCMS notes: Primary Office: CPC Sydney Secondary Office: Mississauga IRCC . Never got any emails from CPC Sydney, does anyone have their email address?
Sydney is everyone's primary office since we send applications to that address. You should follow up with MIS for all communications.

Afro-1989

Mar 28, 2023
Hello. Which office were you dealing with? And how can I find the office that processed my application?

Afro-1989

Mar 28, 2023
Can you share the number you called? Also possibly the sequence of extensions you had to press so that I can get connected quickly rather than waiting to hear the full menu?

Esty

May 5, 2018
Is anyone for Mississauga awaiting rescheduling? Seems this office has the slowest rescheduling timelines. Can anyone help with info on what he or she did to get rescheduled after responding to the their initial requirements? Thanks

peppeg

Aug 22, 2023
Is anyone for Mississauga awaiting rescheduling? Seems this office has the slowest rescheduling timelines. Can anyone help with info on what he or she did to get rescheduled after responding to the their initial requirements? Thanks
Same boat here. Been waiting to get rescheduled since March 6th.
I sent multiple emails/webform/calls and I even contacted the MP. Nothing seems to be working

Esty

May 5, 2018
I sent multiple emails/webform/calls and I even contacted the MP. Nothing seems to be working
This isn't good news. I saw someone on another thread that has been waiting since December 2022. Maybe we should see if the option of transferring to another processing office works if this will solve the problem. I'm just thinking.

violetelegance

May 3, 2023
This isn't good news. I saw someone on another thread that has been waiting since December 2022. Maybe we should see if the option of transferring to another processing office works if this will solve the problem. I'm just thinking.
Been waiting since 21 May 2023. I'm also still debating because I feel like the Sauga queue is way too slow... Sought advice from my local MP office on whether to moving my case to other offices e.g. Scarborough / Niagara and they said it's doable by raising a web form request but they don't recommend it - they said I'll be in the queue all over again.

Esty

May 5, 2018
Alright @peppeg, thanks for posting your experience here. In case anything else pops up or you've suggestions on how to deal with this or how you've dealt with it that has worked for you, kindly post here to help those of us in same scenario.

Reactions: peppeg

violetelegance

May 3, 2023
If you read their auto reply email, it says Please note, we can only POSTPONE the ceremony up to a maximum of 6 MONTHS. THIS IS ONLY FOR MISSING THE FIRST CEREMONY.
It’s been over 6 months and I believe it’s worthwhile to follow up with them again through all the ways possible. The new oath date should come soon hopefully!

peppeg

Aug 22, 2023
If you read their auto reply email, it says Please note, we can only POSTPONE the ceremony up to a maximum of 6 MONTHS. THIS IS ONLY FOR MISSING THE FIRST CEREMONY.
It’s been over 6 months and I believe it’s worthwhile to follow up with them again through all the ways possible. The new oath date should come soon hopefully!
I did.
The day after the 6month period was up. Which was September 7th and I still didn’t get any response back. I’ll try calling again

Reactions: violetelegance