+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship oath done but no update

newcanadiana

Oct 14, 2021
I got reply from my local office, to contact them again after 6 weeks, they will guide me to resend certs. I think you need to contact your local office as well.
I sent an email today to Edmonton citizenship and got generic automatic reply that they will not respond to enquiry via email. This was same email used for test, interview and other correspondence I sent them earlier. Not sure how to contact them now. Client Support Centre does not help.

You will NOT receive a response to your enquiry via this email. A decision/response to your request will be added to your file within 3 business days of receipt. At that time, you must contact the Client Support Centre for further information.

newcanadiana

Oct 14, 2021
I also just talked to the IRCC helpline and they said the certificate was mailed over a month ago, and to contact the office after 6 weeks have passed.
I think it is most likely lost in mail. Anyone knows the process if get lost

wudifxb

Star Member
Apr 9, 2018
I also just talked to the IRCC helpline and they said the certificate was mailed over a month ago, and to contact the office after 6 weeks have passed.
Here is what you need to fill, I would say try to contact local office to confirm they already sent your cert, because sometimes your application closed date doesn't mean cert on the way.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/solemn-declaration-citizenship-certificate-lost-stolen-destroyed.html

wudifxb

Star Member
Apr 9, 2018
By the way, your application closed on Sept 20, so not 6 weeks until today.

newcanadiana

Oct 14, 2021
Here is what you need to fill, I would say try to contact local office to confirm they already sent your cert, because sometimes your application closed date doesn't mean cert on the way.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/solemn-declaration-citizenship-certificate-lost-stolen-destroyed.html
Thanks. In the link you sent, it says "To know when your certificate was mailed, you can access your file online."
But I do not see any mail update in the citizenship application tracker. Is it supposed to show that certificate has been mailed?
I have not seen such application update in the forum.

My tracker shows last updated on Sept 20, and the last activity was oath completed, which is updated on Sept 17.

I will wait the 6 weeks for local office, and hopefully with hear some response for my email. Do you know if the solemn declaration has to be sent after local office says so, or we can sent on our own after the 6 weeks?

wudifxb

Star Member
Apr 9, 2018
Thanks. In the link you sent, it says "To know when your certificate was mailed, you can access your file online."
But I do not see any mail update in the citizenship application tracker. Is it supposed to show that certificate has been mailed?
I have not seen such application update in the forum.

My tracker shows last updated on Sept 20, and the last activity was oath completed, which is updated on Sept 17.

I will wait the 6 weeks for local office, and hopefully with hear some response for my email. Do you know if the solemn declaration has to be sent after local office says so, or we can sent on our own after the 6 weeks?
I'm not sure, because my local office said they will guide me how to resend cert after 6 weeks, but I do believe to go through your local office better than send by yourself.

newcanadiana

Oct 14, 2021
Hi guys, checked the mail again now, and found the certificate.
Finally after over a month. Good luck to everyone :)

shshivam

Star Member
Aug 24, 2015
My virtual oath ceremony was on September 28th, Niagara falls office. Status was set to closed the day after. No certificate yet. Should I be concerned? Who can I contact to know the status?

newcanadiana

Oct 14, 2021
Hi, did you see the date stamp on your envelope? Just wondering when they actually send out.
It shows Oct 14th on the envelope stamp. So it wasn't mailed last month as the IRCC helpline said.
The time local office mentioned it will take 4-6 weeks which is what it actually took.

Reactions: wudifxb