+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship oath done but no update

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
My guarantor for passport is leaving Canada on October 10 due to emergency and my express passport pick up is at October 18 and applied October 8. Should I contact passport office to let them know? What should I do as his cell number would not work?
Do nothing now. Guarantors are rarely contacted. Even if they're unable to reach a guarantor, they will get back to you asking for a new guarantor (chances are pretty low).

Reactions: eastguy123

wudifxb

Star Member
Apr 9, 2018
They replied that certificate can take up to six weeks and I should contact them if I haven't received it by six weeks. I'm worried, hopefully they will send it in time.
There is another oath on Oct 18 in Saskatchewan, so I guess they will send out on Oct 19..

wudifxb

Star Member
Apr 9, 2018
I don't know why it's taking so long, people in other provinces are getting them very quickly.
yes, other provinces normally get within 7-10 days. I guess maybe no officers work in the office now and the cert can only be printed at office?

newcanadiana

Oct 14, 2021
I did my oath on Sept 14, file closed on Sept 20. Edmonton office, oath done with Winnipeg judge. They said it can take 3-6 weeks. I requested after the oath if they can process it urgently due to my travel, but they said there is no such service.

Not sure if certificate got lost or there is delay on their side. Majority of people on this forum got it under 2 weeks. I think I read somewhere on forum, that after the file was closed, certificate gets mailed or atleast people got it quick.

IRCC don't respond via webform or answer queries related to certificate on phone. Whats worrisome is replacement certificate takes 15 months.
Do you guys know whats the process if it actually got lost, and what happens/ how we can contact them after the 6 weeks?

Reactions: novascotia27

wudifxb

Star Member
Apr 9, 2018
I did my oath on Sept 14, file closed on Sept 20. Edmonton office, oath done with Winnipeg judge. They said it can take 3-6 weeks. I requested after the oath if they can process it urgently due to my travel, but they said there is no such service.

Not sure if certificate got lost or there is delay on their side. Majority of people on this forum got it under 2 weeks. I think I read somewhere on forum, that after the file was closed, certificate gets mailed or atleast people got it quick.

IRCC don't respond via webform or answer queries related to certificate on phone. Whats worrisome is new/replacement certificate takes 15 months.
Do you guys know whats the process if it actually got lost, and what happens/ how we can contact them after the 6 weeks?
I got reply from my local office, to contact them again after 6 weeks, they will guide me to resend certs. I think you need to contact your local office as well.

Reactions: newcanadiana

lovedeepsingh

Oct 15, 2013
Ottawa, Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
IELTS Request
25-12-2013
Med's Done....
30-1-2014
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2014
LANDED..........
2 Aug 2014
Hmmm. I’m a Hamilton applicant but my oath was with Niagara Falls. No idea when I’ll get the cert.
Was the oath in person?

rajeev12

Star Member
Jul 14, 2015
I got reply from my local office, to contact them again after 6 weeks, they will guide me to resend certs. I think you need to contact your local office as well.
This is really unacceptable. I don't understand why someone can't print the certificate and send it. I'm really frustrated with the delay. Hopefully I get it by the end of October so I can get my passport

wudifxb

Star Member
Apr 9, 2018
This is really unacceptable. I don't understand why someone can't print the certificate and send it. I'm really frustrated with the delay. Hopefully I get it by the end of October so I can get my passport
I’m so upset as well, Saskatoon office simply doesn’t care about it.