+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship oath done but no update

msatishxp

Jul 30, 2013
Hi, I just completed my test from outside of Canada. My query is in case I receive an oath invitation before I return to Canada, would it be possible to reschedule the oath ceremony? If yes, would there be a long wait before I get a second date in hand? Also, I've heard that IRCC doesn't keep the file for longer than 6 months. What does it mean? Is it 6 months from the oath invite? Please help and clarify my queries.

wudifxb

Star Member
Apr 9, 2018
Hi, I just completed my test from outside of Canada. My query is in case I receive an oath invitation before I return to Canada, would it be possible to reschedule the oath ceremony? If yes, would there be a long wait before I get a second date in hand? Also, I've heard that IRCC doesn't keep the file for longer than 6 months. What does it mean? Is it 6 months from the oath invite? Please help and clarify my queries.
You can ask to reschedule your oath, but it will take long time to arrange your next oath, at least few months. I don't know much about 6 months, hopefully someone else can answer this question.

rajeev12

Star Member
Jul 14, 2015
I try to contact my local office, they told me to wait 8 weeks from oath date. I don't think my cert even on the way.
How did you contact them ? I'm worried as I have to travel in December and there's no sign of certificate yet.

wudifxb

Star Member
Apr 9, 2018
How did you contact them ? I'm worried as I have to travel in December and there's no sign of certificate yet.
Here is the email address, CIC-Saskatoon-Citizenship@cic.gc.ca
I got reply few days ago and told me to wait 8 weeks before check with CIC-Saskatoon again. I dont think our certs on the way and I dont see Canada post have any issue recently. I guess they will send cert alomost end of 8 weeks....

aak19

Star Member
Jun 7, 2012
Guys one quick question. After oath can we give a different Canadian address to get the oath certificate in the form that needs to be filled after oath ? Pls let me know thanks

wudifxb

Star Member
Apr 9, 2018
Guys one quick question. After oath can we give a different Canadian address to get the oath certificate in the form that needs to be filled after oath ? Pls let me know thanks
Yes, you can ask officer to send to your new address during virtual ceremony. You will have few minutes with IRCC officer alone for few minutes to confirm your address.

anandg12

Jun 26, 2015
After application status has been Closed, does that mean certificate has been mailed out? Should I expect it in my mailbox in a week or so?

jasmine07

Dec 24, 2018
i had my oath ceremony last sept.22 and until now i haven't received my certificate. winnipeg office is so slow.

wudifxb

Star Member
Apr 9, 2018
i had my oath ceremony last sept.22 and until now i haven't received my certificate. winnipeg office is so slow.
Is your application closed? I know some cert send from Saskatoon office to Winnipeg, Saskatoon office definitely slowest one.

eastguy123

Star Member
Oct 26, 2019
My guarantor for passport is leaving Canada on October 10 due to emergency and my express passport pick up is at October 18 and applied October 8. Should I contact passport office to let them know? What should I do as his cell number would not work?