+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship not approved

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
foxpilot said:
S.Z
Yes. Fair point though. The refusal letter just said I am short of 25 days. End of story.

Links18:
I agree I shouldn't just give up and let them 'win' but I have dealt with the government before and learned that they are willing to lie and say and do whatever it takes to defend their decision, even if it is wrong. So this time I want to be smarter and find a less stressful way. That is to just reapply and wait. I am not really in a hurry anymore to get it.
At least try your MP'S office first....

alaabebe

Apr 19, 2016
dpenabill said:
Probably your best recourse is to see a qualified, licensed, reputable, experienced lawyer.

Otherwise, there are some incongruities in your report which make it difficult to identify the actual status of things.

Is it possible you have two applications in process and only the first was denied? And the second is still active and pending? That probably should not happen but . . . hard to know what the situation is.

To be clear, however, if a Citizenship Judge made an error in deciding your case, you need to appeal that. Under current provisions that is not easy. There is no right to appeal. Thus you must make an application for leave to appeal. To do this you really need a lawyer.

Just wandering if your applications has been refused because you din't complete three years out of four , under new law? did they also pose any ban on you according to that severe law? you should appeal within 30 days of the refusal !!! don't let them spoil your life!!!!!!go and fight for your case

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
Don't forget that having withdrawn an application is grounds for any subsequent application to be treated as "non-routine."

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
links18 said:
Don't forget that having withdrawn an application is grounds for any subsequent application to be treated as "non-routine."
Well, somehow I landed in a situation and realized quite late I was about 2 months short of required number of days. Having dragged my application after 36 months I had hearing with CIC Citizenship judge.

CJ had just 2 minutes for me. She admitted, had no time to review all my documents. Strongly pushed me to withdraw my application and re-apply, stating now you got over 500 days more than required to qualify. She gave me "Application Withdrawal Form" & almost demanded me to sign it. Had I not signed, she would have denied it anyway, left with no choice but to sign withdraw.

Even after fulfilling all requirement, if my 2nd too is treated as "Non-Routine" then its CIC's draconian rule with no accountability at all.

On the contrary, cases which gone thru such tough scrutiny should be processed much faster. However, its just too much to ask CIC.

MOONLIGHT64

Sep 20, 2014
Hello guys
I applied for a citizenship on the old rules ( 1095 days) and the CJ not approved my application ( few little prove of residency) although honestly i lived physically more than 1300 days but the problem i dont have any record for education or work during this period, so I am afraid that if I applied again i will meet the same problem knowing that since 5 years I did not leave the country.
pls advise.