+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship - No made decision after interview

gertner

Nov 15, 2013
I passed the citizenship exam and had an interview in October 2019. Since I lost one old passport, the CBSA report was required. This passport covered only a period of 6 months and my eligibility of getting citizenship in terms of time spent in Canada was not questionable. Actually, I was in Canada for almost whole 5 year period. This report was not available at the time of the interview and immigration officer advised me that the decision will be made as soon as this report arrives. Until now my application is still in process. I wrote to CIC several times and I got always the same response, that my application is still in process, that the responsible office has all the required documents and that they will be working on processing applications as quickly as possible, but processing times are affected by COVID-19. I can understand last part, but I was waiting a lot even before covid-19 pandemic. Does anyone has a similar experience and what to do in this situation. I am really stuck.

gertner

Nov 15, 2013
I said that I am stuck as I am waiting for the citizenship ceremony and getting passport for 11 months. I have never heard that someone was waiting for so long time. Even before Covid-19 it was 5 months that I did not get decision. I am wondering if someone had similar experience? My other concern is that it may take much longer and that after e.g. 2 years that may say that the citizenship exam is no longer valid and that I need to do the same all over again... Any suggestions?

Sadam abdi

Sep 20, 2020
Hello!

Who can reply me?
I'm finish medical test and i get approval. how many days take for a visa stamp? Or for submitting passport?

gertner

Nov 15, 2013
I would appreciate any comment. Does anyone have similar experience with waiting for almost 12 months after interview and passing citizenship exam? The CIC staff was optimistic about me getting to citizenship ceremony soon as he said that the CBSA report was expected to be available by the interview time but he said it will likely come soon. I contacted CIC via webmail a few time and they said that "the responsible office has all the required documents" but my case is still in process. I found only one post about this situation - CIC was requesting the CBSA multiple times as expiry date passed by the time when they wanted to work on this case. If it is happening with me now (with Covid-19), I may expect to not get passport for a few years. Is it possible to apply again?Does immigration lawyer may help with this situation?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I would appreciate any comment. Does anyone have similar experience with waiting for almost 12 months after interview and passing citizenship exam? The CIC staff was optimistic about me getting to citizenship ceremony soon as he said that the CBSA report was expected to be available by the interview time but he said it will likely come soon. I contacted CIC via webmail a few time and they said that "the responsible office has all the required documents" but my case is still in process. I found only one post about this situation - CIC was requesting the CBSA multiple times as expiry date passed by the time when they wanted to work on this case. If it is happening with me now (with Covid-19), I may expect to not get passport for a few years. Is it possible to apply again?Does immigration lawyer may help with this situation?
You're posting in the wrong section of the forum. Post to the Citizenship section. This is where all of the discussions can be found on this topic.